Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd share this with the forum, see what everybody thinks.

Long story short, I want to keep the car as OEM looking as possible, that being said I refused to run an A pillar pod and the center vent pods kill the sleeper look IMHO. Therefore I decided to try something out that I hadn't seen before. It's really simple and doesn't require a how to, just pictures. So let me know the good bad and ugly about it.

I will say this, the autometer gauges are ridiculously bright! I soldered in 2k ohms of resistance to reduce it a bit. Probably could have used more, but it's not blinding at all.
Without resistors

With 2k ohms

And at "night" I couldn't get a good shot of it and the dash but its pretty close.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Well, now i know where you live, ill see you in 1/2 hour

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
If that works for donations, let me know. I'll post mine too. Really though, turned out good. How well can you see that gauge while seated? Mine has no dash, nor a seat for that matter, so I can't look myself. I'm exploring other options for my A/F gauge and nitrous pressure gauge other than a cage pod and I wan't to try and keep a relatively stock look to the interior.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for ME it's got great visibility. But I'm 6'7" so my seat is all the way back and tilted. Normal people shouldn't have an issue tho. And I can still tilt the vent up and down so it's somewhat adjustable

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really am very pleased with the color combo. I searched and searched for as close to stock as I could. Autometer GS was the only ones that came close.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Well, for ME it's got great visibility. But I'm 6'7" so my seat is all the way back and tilted. Normal people shouldn't have an issue tho. And I can still tilt the vent up and down so it's somewhat adjustable
Jesus... I should ate my vegetables or something, lol. Tilt of the vent is brilliant. That's like a bonus. I'll have to consider that as a possible location as well. I want the A/F in my viewpoint somewhere over there, the nitrous pressure isn't so critical.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great!!!

Curoisty how did you cut off the heat to the vent without cutting off the heat to all ther other vents?
Actually the vent control still works! I can shut it manually just like stock!

Also almost stock, thanks a bunch for your wire tuck write up. It's been a huge help. I'm not going full bore with welding up holes (I know, half assed but its not in the time frame I set forth) but just getting all those harnesses out of there makes a huge difference.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Looks good. Nice n clean

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gives her the sleeper look, nevermind long tube headers and 3 inch mac dump exhaust, haha!
VERY nice! I'm in the same boat with the "sleeper" thing too, I think the only time that'll be believeable is when it's not running...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Also almost stock, thanks a bunch for your wire tuck write up. It's been a huge help. I'm not going full bore with welding up holes (I know, half assed but its not in the time frame I set forth) but just getting all those harnesses out of there makes a huge difference.
Glad to hear that I could help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts