Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas this is my buddies car and just looking to get an idea of how much power it'll make. now normally i wouldn't care about dyno numbers but the owner of this car prolly isn't ever going to take it to the track so dyno numbers will have to do i guess.

the car is a 4.6 2v, stroked to a 5.3, ported heads and stage3 blower cams, has the fuel system to support 4digit power, 93 octane with meth, f1-r blower, 4r70 trans, etc. Now he is only thinking of pushing around 20psi of boost and is aiming for between 6-700whp. Another catch is that this will be tuned by lidio at alternative auto who is known for making very conservative tunes and not pushing the limits of a car at all. Are his guestimates close to what you fellas think it'll make?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
car will make that and then some prob on a F1R.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
agreed...for the price of that blower and 20psi on it...I'd hope mid 700's

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my only concern with the setup is that the f1r seems humungous for what he's got.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Its a bigger blower, but for a 5.3 with big blower cams and ported heads, it will suck it up like gravy on mashed taters

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
curious to why the guy wont run the car. not saying its not a cool setup but its going to be built to go fast and street racing that much power wont be much fun.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We might be able to talk him into taking it to the track i'm not sure yet, but i'm just not counting on it. The car is much more of a showcar and I think the f1-r was bought for the "wow" factor. The cars very over done in my opinion he's spent loads of money powdercoating and polishing stuff, his engine bay looks like a big clump of gloss red lol.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
wow wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much red lol....

yes it should see 700 with no problems...it is an 8 rib setup right?

at 700 though it will need a big pulley where it will peak that..but at only 20lbs or so the mayblower will feel really lazy...

what gear is he running?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
curious to why the guy wont run the car. not saying its not a cool setup but its going to be built to go fast and street racing that much power wont be much fun.
would be alot of fun racing that on the street lol....around here you need at least 650-700 to the tires to even be able to play on the freeway..hell even the hondas around here makeing at least 500 and thats on pump gas lol...thats why i like it:D

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's putting 8rib on it right now lol. His tuning is scheduled for the 25th.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i forgot to update this, he got to the tuner last week and got some problems, his converter wouldn't lock up, his meth wouldn't work, and he was only making 13/14lbs of boost with a 3.8 pulley. But he made 540whp. He's fixing the issues and got a 3.4 pulley and is going back soon. This car sounds like a friggin jet tho it is amazing. I wish I would have recorded a video of it but that will have to wait till another day now :/.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Can you run a car straight on methnol like ours? I want to do that with mine. I have 55 gal drums for my gokart i race. 80 lb injectors and twin ford gt pumps and bap is the fuel system

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you run a car straight on methnol like ours? I want to do that with mine. I have 55 gal drums for my gokart i race. 80 lb injectors and twin ford gt pumps and bap is the fuel system
no idea. he has an alky meth setup to go along with 93.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
yeah i noticed after i posted but maybe someone can help me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts