Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought anything on alibaba before? i was looking at some cheap USB drives. Cheap is completely fine in this scenario but the buying process looks insane.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you didnt trust Abu? dude that monkey was always steering him in the right direction.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
alibabba is like the Chinese amazon

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alibabba is like the Chinese amazon
Yup, they actually just went public a few months ago in terms of stock. just checking out their line of flash drives and if i can pick up 10 for cheap even if its used one time its a deal for what im doing.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I did once at work.

It took 7 months to arrive but we got some LEDs for cheap lol.
I buy LED's on Ebay for cheap. Which brings me to a good point. With this world market, you can get things incredibly cheap online if you're willing to wait for them to be shipped from China. I've done this on occasion, but after waiting a month for a 100 pack of LED's from China, **** it. I'd rather pay 3 bucks more to have the same Chinese LED's shipped from an American supplier and have them 3 weeks sooner.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

you didnt trust Abu? dude that monkey was always steering him in the right direction.
Abu was a cool monkey.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I buy LED's on Ebay for cheap. Which brings me to a good point. With this world market, you can get things incredibly cheap online if you're willing to wait for them to be shipped from China. I've done this on occasion, but after waiting a month for a 100 pack of LED's from China, **** it. I'd rather pay 3 bucks more to have the same Chinese LED's shipped from an American supplier and have them 3 weeks sooner.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Abu was a cool monkey.
In our case it was like.. $480 cheaper. Back then the only bulbs I could find in this size that were LED were like $5 a piece. I had never heard of Alibaba but they were $0.17 a piece if you bought more than 100. My boss told me to go for it, if it didn't work out we were out less than $20.

I honestly had forgot about them until they showed up. They actually all worked too (that I installed). Only about 50 of them.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
If its a cost savings like that its a no brainer. I ordered a few hundred off Ebay recently for a project im working on with an Arduino microcontroller. It was super cheap, but I paid a couple bucks more too in order to have them come from an American supplier so I could have them sooner.

I also bought an assortment of 500 resistors the same way.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
:lmao sigg'd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts