Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on a 2001 mustang gt bullit with a hellion street sleeper twin turbo and it smoking like hell and getting fuel into the crank case and I don't know anything about turbo systems and need some Input.

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
I would get a pro tuner involved. It sounds like a tuning issue. Do not drive it like that as I’m sure the oil is diluted already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thank you for your reply.
Let me go ahead and explain the whole story.
A friend of mine brought me a 2001 mustang gt bullit with a hellion street sleeper twin turbo. Said it had been sitting in a storage for almost 7 years and asked me if I could fix it. He said he was driving and something busted sending coolant everywhere so he thought the motor was done. So I dropped the tank, cleaned it put a new pump cleaned all the lines changed all fluids filters put good fuel a purge solenoid valve,fuel rail pressure sensor,pcv valve, pcm, timing kit, oil pump head gaskets and all. Still no start

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
When you changed the pcm did you get the key programmed or is pats deleted?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I had it programmed.
And after I did I was able to start it but it was like it was waterboarding itself and it was smoking like hell and fuel vapor was comming out of the exhaust too so I hooked up my obd2 and it said the purge valve solenoid was bad so I looked at it and the wires were torn off so I switched it but same smoke and vapor issue.
Do you think it not being tuned would cause a no start?

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
If it did before but won’t now, I doubt that’s the no start issue. But it is still an issue. Have you pulled the plugs? Made sure all your fuses are good and sensors plugged in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It did start before after many tries with starting fluid and pushing down the throttle and I could probably do that now but with the way it sounded and the smoke, I did not think it would be a good idea. The reason I changed the pcm was the pats system. And the pcm was hanging there and it looked like someone took something out of it but I can't imagine what it would have been.
I was thinking about putting the old pcm back in and towing it to the place that programmed the new one. If they can do it, that pcm would still have the tune on it from before do you think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I got the pats programmed but it dosent want to start. It wants to start only when I hold the throttle down. It started for a sec right after the pats key program but it was rough. Idk what's going on with it. This sucks.

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
It’s flooding then, do not try to start it anymore or else you can dilute the oil with gas. Was it tuned after the ecu swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I swapped back to the original ecu with the tune on it and had the pats programmed.
What would cause it to flood like that? A return line , or crossed? It's gotta have something to do with the turbo system right? I'm not a turbo mechanic it's all new to me

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
Since it sat for a while it could be a lot of things. First, put a fuel pressure tester on the rail and check fuel pressure with the engine off.

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
What exactly are you measuring and to where? The coils are grounded through the ecu. Fuel pressure seems fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was using a hot wire tester checking the plugs for the coils and the red was registering as a ground when the key was off but I was thinking way too hard about it so I took a step back and ended up fixing the problem and it starts right up now.
I just went through it cleaning and tightening ground connections and electrical plugs and sensors and boom.
It sounds like a hungry beast.
thank you for your help I really appreciate it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts