Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would some 17x9 inch bullit rims slow down my car/ throw off the speedo if any?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...so i wont really notice any difference in acceleration

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
+1
i swap betwen my stock wheel's and some 17x9 cobras for summer / winter and dont notice any thing, the cobras may actualy accel a little faster because i have more ruber on the ground.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice nice...that is what i like to hear

·
Banned
808 Posts
it will throw your speedo off a little
i have 18x10s in the rear and 18x9s in the front and my gauge speedo is off from my digi about 1.4mph
so im guessing a little under 1mph if that...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It won't throw off your speedo if you have the right tire size. As long as the overall diameter of the wheel is the same it shouldn't affect the speedo at all.

·
Banned
808 Posts
It won't throw off your speedo if you have the right tire size. As long as the overall diameter of the wheel is the same it shouldn't affect the speedo at all.
it does on mine

·
Registered
300 Posts
thanks...so i wont really notice any difference in acceleration
I had 17x10.5 in back and 17x9 in front and i recently switched to 15inch rims and the ride is soooo much smoother and the acceleration is more reactive. i think the 17s cause it to bog down quite a bit but.. hell the tires on these 15s are tiny.. and I am gonna get some new 17x9s so it obviously isnt THAT big of a difference =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts