Modded Mustang Forums banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
How much more power could I make with E85? That trap is pretty impressive. I'm running 15* of total timing on 93 octane. My basic fuel set up is 2 Lincoln Aviator fuel pumps 60lb injectors and a 40 amp KB Bap. I'm a little over 80% fuel pump duty cycle now. I also have a stage 2 upgraded FPDM.

I was wondering if I installed an inline fuel pump as a booster and some 80lb injectors if it would support E85?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
How much more power could I make with E85? That trap is pretty impressive. I'm running 15* of total timing on 93 octane. My basic fuel set up is 2 Lincoln Aviator fuel pumps 60lb injectors and a 40 amp KB Bap. I'm a little over 80% fuel pump duty cycle now. I also have a stage 2 upgraded FPDM.

I was wondering if I installed an inline fuel pump as a booster and some 80lb injectors if it would support E85?
I wish I could tell you... you'll certainly make more. I attempted to get mine back on the dyno, but it needed to be calibrated or something because it was reading really weird and only up to 4100 rpm (we were spinning it to 7k). The ability to run full timing is awesome though. I feel as if my drivability has improved a bit too. Downside is the extra 30% or whatever you need. You might be ok with the inline, but I went return so early on that I really have no place giving you advice on your returnless setup.

Shitty thing is now I'm at the point where I need a cage, and I really didn't ever intend on caging the car. There is only like 60ishK on the car so tearing up the interior isn't something I want to do.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats! Running better than most other well built 2v's and a standard transmission to boot.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Congrats! Running better than most other well built 2v's and a standard transmission to boot.
Thanks man, hoping to add a few psi once i get a cage and some suspension lined out

Impressive! Good work man!

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk
thank you!

For those of you running cages, any kits in particular you love/hate? I really want something that can tuck pretty tight and not completely wreck the interior

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Could we see the new dyno graph? I'm interested to see if your power is still dropping off, or if the valve springs fixed it.
I wish I had one to show. Like i said, the dyno wasnt reading right laat time i strapped down. Im about to go out of town for work, so I won't know for a couple months. I sure hope its not, it doesn't feel like it is but my ass dyno has lied before.

Mine only has 47500 miles.
Is that a prefab cage?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That sucks! I've been running mine since 05.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
That sucks! I've been running mine since 05.
Yea i'm wondering if heat played a role. The threads in the brass half of it gave out. I made a rather archaic looking heat shield around the new one with some flashing I had laying around, we will see if it helps. I replaced it with a biondo solenoid, which was half the price of the SLP replacement and appears to be the same exact part. We will see how she holds up.

What was the time?
The day of the video was 1/8 mile only. It was 6.5 @110. The day the line lock split was 1/4 and off the trailer was a 10.2 @ 134.5. I had let out up top because they told me they would throw me out if I hit 9s or 135. My next pass I was going to let it eat and just be done for the season hoping for a pass in the 9s, just wasn't in the cards I guess.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Well, went to give it another shot this weekend. Track prep was on point, so much that the first run off the trailer my u joint snapped... I'm done for the season now. 9s will have to wait for next year...

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Driveshaft took a few good smacks and ****ed up a section of my fuel line... the worst part is that my ****ing trans appears to still be pushing fluid out the shifter. I'm going to call promotion and hanlon tomorrow and see what my options are, shitty thing is I am in wa, so shipping alone I'll be into it 700 bucks without even cracking it open....

Attachments

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
So... I think I'm done with 3650s. So now the debate is t56 magnum or auto, th400 or something. I love having a manual, but autos are always faster, idk...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Second this question! That's a nice fitting cage!
Not to thread jack but I'm pretty sure y2k's cage started out as a Maximum motorsports 6pt cage that he had fabbed into a 10pt. I just did a Rhodes race car 8 point mild steel weld in cage and it fit perfect.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

So... I think I'm done with 3650s. So now the debate is t56 magnum or auto, th400 or something. I love having a manual, but autos are always faster, idk...
Go automatic and don't look back best modd I ever did. If you do 4r70w I would go Freddy brown or darren birch. For a th400 I would look at rossler.

181 - 200 of 219 Posts