Modded Mustang Forums banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Don't you ever miss having a manual? I know auto would be faster and the thought of leaving on full boost makes me happy, but I still street drive the car and prefer a manual on the street. Plus beating people with autos makes me happy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
With fmvb you still have to shift it just in straight line lol. Don't know your budget but lenco makes a bad ass street manual trans. Last year a priced a 4spd out at 4500.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Alright so i have seriously neglected this thread! Ended up getting a team Z cage and subframes installed. Next decided to go with a T56 magnum/quicktime bell (i know, i know). I had a CG fab FF hot side sitting in the garage I bought awhile ago for seemingly a good deal and now am in the process of swapping turbo kits over. I was excited to drop the old rear facing and lose some plumbing, however that excitement quickly died when I got it all bolted up. I expected the ABS module to be an issue, however the turbo flange is basically up against the belt tensioner. I knew the turbo would move to the passenger side with this kit, but didn't realize how far back it would move too. So i'm thinking I can cut the pass side merge pipe and extend it a couple inches? that would allow the ds flange to rotate forward and bring the turbo both fwd and towards the drivers side, thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I also went down this damn rabbit hole of programming an adurino and a 4d systems display for oil psi and fuel psi monitoring. It was a pain, should have just bought 2 more gauges. Would love to have gone racepak, but still running the stock ECU for emissions purposes... I thought I had a pic of it installed but i don't. You can pretty much see where its going though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Are you have the headers on right. Just put mine together and it's not

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yes T6 race kit I had to change the belt routing to make it work with ac delete kit. You should call caleb and talk to him. Like you I bought my kit used and had some questions, and even though I told him I wasn't the original buyer he was more than happy to help. He will need to see those pictures on how close it is.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Don't risk using it. Get another set.
Get another set of what?

I spoke with Caleb this morning, super helpful dude. He is sending me a small length of pipe to extend the merge. He thinks I can grind enough to make the turbo fit, but I would prefer the positioning of it once extended i think.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Been a longggg time since I've updated this thread. The car has been running fine the past year or so with the CG fab kit. The brand new magnum has had a slow leak at the back half of the case since I first put fluid in it. Frustrating for a new trans. Recently the car started making some noise that I mistook for valve train noise. After pulling the motor I found the culprit(s).The driver side tension/guide are both broken and the pass side jumped off the dowel. I did not realize when I assembled how little that dowel was compared to the other side.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Also, after having to remove the passenger side manifold to pull the motor i said **** a/c and ordered a race kit from CG fab.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sucks! You need to get rid of those plastic tensioners and get the metal ones, plus remove at least 4 teeth from them. Then you need these tension guides.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Sucks! You need to get rid of those plastic tensioners and get the metal ones, plus remove at least 4 teeth from them. Then you need these tension guides.
View attachment 225383
What guides are those? I was just going to order the MMR billet ones. I already have a set of iron tensioners, just need to swap em. Least nothing got majorly hurt, surprised it didn't jump time or anything.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I pulled the heads to take a looksie while the motor was out. I had a valve drop at one point and damage the #4 cylinder, but i thought the damage was above the rings so didn't worry too much about it. debating replacing the piston and seeing if the cylinder can be cleaned up while the motor is out. Additionally, I have one cylinder that has a weird blemish on the side. I can physically feel the difference with my finger. No clue wtf its from though. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
thanks y2k. This forum sure seems to have died down over the last couple years. The machine shop said the scores are too deep for a hone so a bore is required... which means 8 new pistons... fml. Deleting the condenser and trying to determine how i'm going to mount the radiator fwd. Also debating buying a better intercooler. Still running the original ON3 one. With meth plus E85 it really doesn't matter as much I suppose, but i'm sure this thing is not very efficient. Also looking for a good multi gauge. had to delete the pillar for the cage and looking for a simple way to monitor fuel/oil/boost pressure along with my widband. PLX makes a multi gauge that seems ok but haven't found much on it. Tempted to just go holley EFI and racepak but idk if its in the budget for this year....

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If you want to use the same pistons you should buy a teksid block. They are cheaper than a new set of pistons and save 70# off the nose. Either way the blocks will need the machining. For sure the forums are dead. Everyone has gone to FB.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
yea I didn't think about that.... I need to see if I can get just 1 replacement piston from Manley first i guess and go from there. I might need to start doing the FB thing i guess. I hate social media.The timing chain should be fine to reuse right? I only have 5-6k on the engine, but it was beat on pretty good. Yesterday I ripped out the 4d display and adrunio. That was an expensive, time consuming project that never yielded the results I wanted. Debating on getting the a/c delete pulley or just going with the shorter belt as I've seen some people do. Also think I"m going to throw some drag springs in the rear, the mach springs with a coil cut make me sit a little too low and when I go over bumps the anit-roll bar and ucas contact...

201 - 219 of 219 Posts