Modded Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
53 lb/min.
Was reading that the 7675 is 120 lb/min.
Now I feel like the underdog comparing the 7675
to my little 60"s.
60's are at around 75LB HR or 975 CFM per turbo if you convert # to CFM which means you are pushing 1950 CFM with both your turbos so 12PSI from 2 of those is not going to be anywhere close to 12PSI from a 7675.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Lb/min ÷ .069 = CFM in a nutshell.
I should be able to put your turbo on my setup
and make more hp at same psi.
My new turbos are more equal to the 7675 you guys have.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
lol I've never claimed to have a better setup than anyone, nor have I said that I have everything ironed out with this one. Might be taking more boost than expected, but it's making decent power for now and I don't want the car down until winter. it is what it is for now...

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

are you running e85 y2k?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Lb/min ÷ .069 = CFM in a nutshell.
I should be able to put your turbo on my setup
and make more hp at same psi.
My new turbos are more equal to the 7675 you guys have.
All I can say is you better up your game cause when the T brake goes on youll take a back seat to me Lol......

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yes, I have been running only E85 in it for 6 years.
Your car is running great. Just know it has the potential to run better.
You better break in new new clutch the correct way.

---------- Post added July 9th, 2016 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was July 8th, 2016 at 11:47 PM ----------

All I can say is you better up your game cause when the T brake goes on youll take a back seat to me Lol......
Well you also might want to buy these if you really want to have a chance to
keep up with me!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/turbobulletparts/646769498820049/?notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1467871321006202
Your still a second slower than my pi headed setup running more boost.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Not necessary old buddy I think running a 10.9 at 16PSI NO twin turbos, NO boost at launch or Trans Brake on bristols track is a respectable achievement on Street Radials...

When I put on the Transbrake its going to be a whole new story. If I add a little power to it cause remember I ran that on Spring and have 10PSI more In the saddle at minimum.

Don't get beat by a full weight AC convertible That would suck

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Well gents it's been awhile, but I'm back in town and trying to give the car some winter love. I emailed MHS about valve springs and Jordan suggested these: MHS .550" Lift 2V NPI / SVO / TFS Stage 3 Valve Springs

Anyone running these Springs? If not, I'm open to suggestions. Interestingly, they have pi Springs listed separately from tfs head Springs. Any reason for this?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
PAC-1217X are the springs you'll want.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
PAC-1217X are the springs you'll want.
Were you running these when you had the MMR turbo cams too? Did you shim them at all? What was the install height? Just curious as to how much seat pressure you have.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I have pac 1517 springs which they dont sell any more. The ones I listed are likely the same as what mhs is selling. They are rated at 115lbs at install height of 1.6. I believe 125# installed at 1.57. I have .060 shims to have them at 1.57 height. I also just swapped to 246/250 115lsa cams.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I have pac 1517 springs which they dont sell any more. The ones I listed are likely the same as what mhs is selling. They are rated at 115lbs at install height of 1.6. I believe 125# installed at 1.57. I have .060 shims to have them at 1.57 height. I also just swapped to 246/250 115lsa cams.
Spec wise they do look very similar. What retainers would you recommend? advantages of titanium over steel?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

**** man, where did you see the 1217X still being sold? Its not on PAC's website... I wonder if they were discontinued as well

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Well IDK wtf happened, but after swapping valve springs I dropped a valve on startup. Only thing I can think of is that somehow a keeper wasn't fully locked in, but i really don't see how. I had rotated the motor around several times by hand when putting the followers back in and if the keepers weren't locked the retainer wouldn't have been sitting right... anyways, here's some pics of the damage. I think the cylinder and piston are going to be OK, maybe just clean them up a little but I'm not sure about the head yet....

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
And I was upset about a bad brand new head gasket I think you beat me

Well I cant tell but it looks like that cylinder has a very deep gouge right where the ring is at on top dead center is that correct?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
And I was upset about a bad brand new head gasket I think you beat me

Well I cant tell but it looks like that cylinder has a very deep gouge right where the ring is at on top dead center is that correct?

It is right where the ring is at, the pic somehow makes it look worse than it feels. I'm hoping it can be blended without pulling the bottom end apart but idk yet.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
It is right where the ring is at, the pic somehow makes it look worse than it feels. I'm hoping it can be blended without pulling the bottom end apart but idk yet.
I hate to be the guy that tells you this but if that is a gouge it will kill that Ring in no time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I hate to be the guy that tells you this but if that is a gouge it will kill that Ring in no time.
Thats what i was thinking, but m builder/tuner came over today and said to run it. I"m going to get the head fixed and sand the piston a bit, but likely leave the cylinder as is.... we shall see.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Well it took about a week to get her back up. here is the repaired head.

Got retuned on E85 a few days after and finally got to make a few decent passes before they told me I couldn't run without a cage. here is the best run....

IDK why it won't embed, here is the url..

https://youtu.be/isPzzZw1JWU

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I did swap to a steeda tri-ax from the MGW because the MGW was spitting tranny fluid all over out of the shifter ball. Car is currently on 19psi with 19 degrees of timing up top

161 - 180 of 219 Posts