Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kind of a wierd question: Does anyone out there own or have seen a Fox Mustang painted and set up to look similar to a Bullitt Mustang (Highland Green with Bullitt wheels, etc)? I like the stealthy, low-key looks of the the movie car and Ford's newer versions of it, but id like to see if the theme looks good on a Fox... If anyone has pics i would appreciate it if you could post em on here!

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
No I have never seen one but now that you bring it up it sounds like it would be pretty cool.

You make it and ill see if I like it :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
ok you suck. i was just thinking about that. i was thinking of a notch body. it would have to be a 5 bolt conversion to get the right wheels. etc, etc

What do you think, notch or hatch? body kit too? it would have to be a low key kit. i dont think a gt or plain lx would give it the right look.

·
Registered
201 Posts
DUDE THAT'D BE SICK AS ****! i might do it with my fox just cause i could hahaha. people throw in suggestions on it

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Rule number one has been learned. Dont discuss your ideas with people on the internet if you dont want them stolen

·
Registered
333 Posts
A Fox Bullitt would be a fairly easy thing to pull off. This is because the whole idea of the Bullitt is to be understated.

You could start with an emarld green LX hatch (Frank Bullitts' 68 was a fastback), add the brakes/rims, shave all of the emblems, maybe get a Steeda LX wing, get the FRPP Bullitt handling kit, and find a set of front seats from an 02 Bullitt---get the rears custom covered the same. Finally get a Cobra grill insert,leave the horse out, make the opening as big as you can, and then find some black honeycomb to put behind it.

Everyone is going to have their own spin on this--but I think that this would make a clean, understated Fox Bullitt.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rule number one has been learned. Dont discuss your ideas with people on the internet if you dont want them stolen
This would make a cool Fox Bullitt----but it's not where I'm going;). I have a black 90GT, but I don't think that I'll have to worry about seeing myself go down the road in the other directon! Hell, mine has been in "project" status for so long now that at least two of the body parts I have aren't even in production anymore:eek:

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
This would make a cool Fox Bullitt----but it's not where I'm going;). I have a black 90GT, but I don't think that I'll have to worry about seeing myself go down the road in the other directon! Hell, mine has been in "project" status for so long now that at least two of the body parts I have aren't even in production anymore:eek:
At least two that sounds like my dads Boss 302 with OEM quaters sitting in the garage and an OEM dash . You cant get those anymore lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
hahahaa. honestly dont think id do it if its that big of a deal. it didnt sound like he'd try it, more just being really inquisitive about it. and we all know the best thing about being inquisitive....some moron (in this case me) will like the idea and want to do it to his own. and we all know that if something goes wrong with the morons car, we can walk away with clean hands hahahaa

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw one recently in a magazine...it wasn't a model produced by Ford but a guy decided to do one, LX hatch...Bullit wheels...Bullit emblems.

Looked amazing.

If I can find the magazine I'll snap a pic or two of it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
A Fox Bullitt would be a fairly easy thing to pull off. This is because the whole idea of the Bullitt is to be understated.

You could start with an emarld green LX hatch (Frank Bullitts' 68 was a fastback), add the brakes/rims, shave all of the emblems, maybe get a Steeda LX wing, get the FRPP Bullitt handling kit, and find a set of front seats from an 02 Bullitt---get the rears custom covered the same. Finally get a Cobra grill insert,leave the horse out, make the opening as big as you can, and then find some black honeycomb to put behind it.

Everyone is going to have their own spin on this--but I think that this would make a clean, understated Fox Bullitt.
You mean 2001 Bullitt. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks ya'll for the input... especially Chris for the pics. Iv been thinking about turning my 91 hatch into a "Bullitt Fox" after im outa college... so it would be a few years but i wanted to see if it looks good or not... Im likin what i see in those pictures! I think body mods should be kept to a minimum (i have a 2'' cowl hood and a GT wing but the rest of the body is stock) and take off all of the emblems (all mine has still is the front Blue Oval) and then of course the wheels, paint, suspension, brakes, etc. So, i wont be doing this any time soon but theres a good chance i will when im "rich!" :D

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
here ya go

1 - 20 of 33 Posts