Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some pics of my Bullitt's hologram ID # sticker with the light on it in different angles... thought it would be neat for those of you who have never really seen one.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
neat, but why block out the numbers in all the pics and not the one on the car

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neat, but why block out the numbers in all the pics and not the one on the car
They are all blocked out. Photobucket sometimes takes a minutes to save the changes.. the pic of the one on the car was the last one I did so it must have been taking longer to load. It wasnt there when I just refreshed the page.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. There are a lot out there who don't have their extra yet.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
how do you get the extra one ?

can still see the build number in the last pic btw

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do you get the extra one ?

can still see the build number in the last pic btw
Ford made 4 stickers for each Bullitt produced. One is on the strut tower, one is under the rear seat on the frame of the car, the third was entered into a time capsule with the other 5000+ stickers for each Bullitt produced, and the 4th is actually available as a recall because the one on the strut tower fades being subjected to engine heat, engine degreasers and so forth. You take your car into ford and they will take your VIN down and order your 4th sticker. They actually aren't supposed to give you the sticker. I got mine in the envelope that they ordered and just picked it up from the dealer because my car was unregistered for the first couple weeks I owned it while I cleaned it up. I took my title in and thats how they ordered mine. The paperwork that came in the envelope actually says not to give it to the customer and it needs to be installed by a ford technician. Its also says to be extremely careful while installing it because there will never be another one made for that car. I love that special edition stuff!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ford made 4 stickers for each Bullitt produced. One is on the strut tower, one is under the rear seat on the frame of the car, the third was entered into a time capsule with the other 5000+ stickers for each Bullitt produced, and the 4th is actually available as a recall because the one on the strut tower fades being subjected to engine heat, engine degreasers and so forth. You take your car into ford and they will take your VIN down and order your 4th sticker. They actually aren't supposed to give you the sticker. I got mine in the envelope that they ordered and just picked it up from the dealer because my car was unregistered for the first couple weeks I owned it while I cleaned it up. I took my title in and thats how they ordered mine. The paperwork that came in the envelope actually says not to give it to the customer and it needs to be installed by a ford technician. Its also says to be extremely careful while installing it because there will never be another one made for that car. I love that special edition stuff!
I only thought there were 3 per car, never heard of the time capsule thing. I would imagine that if you don't have the extra sticker yet it would be difficult to obtain it by now.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I got mine last year and hear that that they are still giving them out. Just go to any ford dealer with your car or title and they should order it for you.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Whats the significance of hiding the number? I know some people put their number as a decal on their bumper and show it off. Just wondering :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just dont want someone printing out my decal and selling it on a fake bullitt. It's very unlikely, but I ve seen some stupid fake bullitts on craigslist and I dont want to deal with someone else saying they own my # bullitt.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
I just dont want someone printing out my decal and selling it on a fake bullitt. It's very unlikely, but I ve seen some stupid fake bullitts on craigslist and I dont want to deal with someone else saying they own my # bullitt.
Oh ok, makes sense :yes

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just called my local Ford dealer and of course their on site Ford rep had no clue what I was talking about but I gave him the service bulletin number and the number to ford special service department. Going by tomorrow to start the paperwork to get my sticker which I need bc the one from my shock tower is missing all together. I told him I would be by tomorrow if it's not raining bc I don't drive the Bullitt in the rain. He laughed as if I was kidding or something. I got a feeling I'm not going to like dealing with this guy very much.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha. I hope it works out well. I printed off the same stuff as well as a couple pages of the thread on IMBOC and they were able to order it for me easy. I had to wait a week or so though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Haha. I hope it works out well. I printed off the same stuff as well as a couple pages of the thread on IMBOC and they were able to order it for me easy. I had to wait a week or so though.
Went by today and got it ordered. Ford is airmailing it to the dealership. I can pick it up next week. The Ford rep I spoke to yesterday had no clue what I was talking about because he didn't know what a Bullitt was :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went by today and got it ordered. Ford is airmailing it to the dealership. I can pick it up next week. The Ford rep I spoke to yesterday had no clue what I was talking about because he didn't know what a Bullitt was :facepalm:
:facepalm: Remove him from his position immediately :bash:

·
Registered
88 Posts
:facepalm: Remove him from his position immediately :bash:
Well, he had several excuses for not knowing what a Bullitt is
1. He hasn't worked for Ford long
2. He is from Boston, according to him car "like that" don't exist in Boston :screwy:
3. And the Bullitt must be a southern thing

Luckily for him I brought my build book (a binder with ever car history, every mod and receipts) with me so I let him make some copies of some history printouts I had on the 2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt. He is now schooled!!

Other than that he turned out to be a pretty nice guy and he got the job done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts