Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. here it goes. time for the Bullitt swap. this is going on my 98 gt with a pi head swap. its gonna be a long process so bear with me. i started and got it all apart for now. i will post pictures along the way along with a quick list of steps.

first ill post a pic of what it looks like before i started.

Now to start

1. remove the CAI

2. disconnect everything from the TB and plenum. There are 2 connectors, a vacuum hose on the back, hose for intake on front attatched to iac, unbolt the egr, and unbolt the cables. i removed the tb and plenum (you dont need to)

3. disconnect fuel rails. I bought a nice quick disconnect set from harbor freight. worked mint

4. disconnect coolant hoses from the firewall

5. disconnect all plug wires an flip em over the front to be out of the way

6. disconnect all fuel injector connectors.

7. remove serp belt

8. remove alternator

9. remove upper radiator hose

10. unbolt the intake manifold

bamm. off it comes

·
Dark Horse
190 Posts
Ok guys. here it goes. time for the Bullitt swap. this is going on my 98 gt with a pi head swap. its gonna be a long process so bear with me. i started and got it all apart for now. i will post pictures along the way along with a quick list of steps.
Looks like you already have PI heads (or am I missing something?)....:confused:

..........Is the Bullet intake manifold different than a regular PI intake?

·
Registered
189 Posts
He's saying that he already has the PI conversion, he's just adding the Bullitt intake manifold.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Yes, the bullitt intake manifold is different than a pi intake.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Are you going to toss some good cams in there while you have good access to the heads?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Looking good. Your going to love the bullitt intake. Good luck finishing it up!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know what 97s281. i have always thought about cams. at this point i still need to buy a few parts. im not sure. i know they are now right there but at the same time not. not sure if i can afford them either. i just bought a new daily driver so im short on the money part. but well see. i dont even have to ask opinions on whether to do cams or not i know everyone will say yes. if so what stage should i go with. maybe a comp 262 or 272 or MHS stage 1 or 2 etc. if anything i think i would have to stick with a low cam because i know i cant afford to do springs retainers etc.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
It May be best to just wait then. No point going with a stage 1 then wanting a more aggressive cam later.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats exactly what i was thinking. i wish i had done them when i did the pi swap but i ran out of money then too. i mean i can save up but who knows. i also have to buy a new clutch and flywheel too so there goes some more money and thats a little more important than the cams since it is not driveable with out the clutch haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good luck finishing it up.. I'll be following your progress since I'm installing a SVO intake myself.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Good luck on the install

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys. hitting a slow spot now as i need to get some money to get this thing powdercoated then i can start putting it together.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know its been a while and like i said this is a slow process for me. i did a couple things tonight like remove and test fit the bullitt crossover tube and remove the egr crap. look how open it is haha and the last shot i was messing around with my cam and my shift knob just for fun

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and heres my wonderful parts collection for this swap (along with misc items i have no place for haha. wayy too much stuff.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
So you have to go the EGR delete too? I think it is next to impossible to get that damn egr tube for these types of intakes. I had to drop mine as well.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i actually got the egr tube when i bought this swap. i realize how lucky i am. im not sure if its direct fit but i decided i was just going to delete it but have the bullitt egr just incase

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
unfortunately im not sure how my emissions is gonna go without the egr. i will be getting the car tuned before hand and i hope to be able to pass. if i end up not needing it then i would sell it to you. but again unfortunately thats not for a little over a year away and i cant risk letting the tube go just yet knowing ill never be able to find one again. but your top of the list if i ever sell it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts