Modded Mustang Forums banner

bullitt

3K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  catchtheroadrunner 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here had an 08 bullitt?

#7 ·
yea the ford dealer near me has one (green) and I went to baltimore convention center car show 2 weeks ago and they had one there (black), green is very nice looking, and somone drove past me the other day driving one. Im realliy liking them, was just wondering how the power felt, and how they sound, 3.5" tips with modified H pipe just for the bullitt, 315hp 325tq, modified suspension and 3.73 gears, seems pretty good to me, not sure how much your guys s197's weigh tho but that seems close in speed to a 03/04 mach 1 or 99/01 cobra.

#15 ·
Yes starts around 31,500. Its also the fact of having something rare I guess. That body style from the rear is not growing on me at all yet, I really love the fronts, and for that money an 03/04 cobra is a lot more bang for buck.

#18 ·
I think its a fair price. 31k for it , when the sticker on mine was 29.9. For a thousand bucks you get the GT500 axles and steering wheel, and seats. Not to mention the suspension. The gears, cai, and midpipe I would ditch for what I have on mine. Not bad

#21 ·
They're a decent deal if they're what you're looking for. That 31,500 price should be compared to a mostly loaded GT Premium (minus nav and shaker 1k of course), because they have the same factory options (IUP, etc).

Keep in mind the Bullitt comes with 18" wheels (which you currently can't buy seperately) that would cost $1,000 as an option on any GT. That steering wheel is currently a $250-$400 aftermarket part. The gears are stronger than a regular GT. And I wish I could have specced those seats on my GT.

In my book, the only killer on the Bullitt is that the average buyer won't get the discount off MSRP that I got on my GT. That's the true cost of the Bullitt's exclusivity.

There are people getting deals though... look around. That said the dealer near me has one with a $10k ADM. Course it's parked next to an SGT 'vert with an equal ADM. I keep telling the sales manager he's got a nice car collection he may be able to recoup his losses on 15-20 years from now. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
They're a decent deal if they're what you're looking for. That 31,500 price should be compared to a mostly loaded GT Premium (minus nav and shaker 1k of course), because they have the same factory options (IUP, etc).

Keep in mind the Bullitt comes with 18" wheels (which you currently can't buy seperately) that would cost $1,000 as an option on any GT. That steering wheel is currently a $250-$400 aftermarket part. The gears are stronger than a regular GT. And I wish I could have specced those seats on my GT.

In my book, the only killer on the Bullitt is that the average buyer won't get the discount off MSRP that I got on my GT. That's the true cost of the Bullitt's exclusivity.

There are people getting deals though... look around. That said the dealer near me has one with a $10k ADM. Course it's parked next to an SGT 'vert with an equal ADM. I keep telling the sales manager he's got a nice car collection he may be able to recoup his losses on 15-20 years from now. :rolleyes:
Yea man, thats what I'm saying. It's 1500 more than mine, and your getting some nice upgrades.

#24 ·
I think the brakes are 12.4" front, 11.7" rear, not sure what your guys GT's are. FRPP CAI, Strut brace with each vehicle number printed on it which I thinks really cool, nice suspension, and nice exhaust sound, also advanced spark system to run premium or regular gas, higher rpm redline. I think if you could get it fro 31,500 its a fair price, but the one near me has a bullsh*t markup of 8k, so its close to 40k, not worth that IMO. If noone knows what it is, it kinda looks like a 6er trying to be an 8. (no wing, no fog lights, no GT badges)

#25 ·
All I know is I'd sure like to see one of these at a dealer, on the streets... anywhere.. doesn't matter. If what I am hearing about the ADM is in fact happening, then it seems only those with money to burn will end up buying these as well. Sad.

#44 ·
All I know is I'd sure like to see one of these at a dealer, on the streets... anywhere.. doesn't matter. If what I am hearing about the ADM is in fact happening, then it seems only those with money to burn will end up buying these as well. Sad.

Birch Ford in buena park (where i got my stang), i think has two. one green and one black, but that was a few months ago, they could be sold.

#27 ·
yea not worth the markup at all, 31k isnt to bad, as long as the 7,700 arent sold out. which i think 700 are being shipped to and sold in canada.

#37 ·
The calipers are painted dark grey to match the wheels and car colors available in green or black, I posted bad quality pics of the black one at a car show pg 1. I think id have to add a cowl hood to beef the front up a little.

#39 ·
A cowl would keep it smooth and clean looking, which is the looks of the bullitt, no flashy spoilers and scoops badges and lights everywhere.

#42 ·
Arent Shelby Gt's about 30-35k? and they have all the suspension upgrade's, same if not more power than bullitt, exhaust with x-pipe, 3.55 gears, shifter, more rare, and better styling. Guess its all a matter of preference.

#43 ·
SGTs are more a compromise than the Bullitt, namely since the SGT has Shelby's signature on the dash. Power's a teensy bit better on the Bullitt... and the redline on the Bullitt is 6500. Both have x-pipes, the Bullitt's got 3.73s. The Bullitt's got a wicked tuned exhaust sound, I think the SGT just has the FRPP stuff. Ford did more with the Bullitt than Shelby did with the SGT, they're still finding surprising things about the Bullitt that weren't even announced (GT500 rear end namely).
Better styling depends on the beholder's eye, neh? :D

The SGT's suspension upgrades were stiffer than the Bullitt for sure, but the Bullitt's supposed to be a compromise in ride quality between the the SGT and a regular GT.

As for MSRP, the 'vert SGT is around $41k. Coupe'd be, what? $35k? Dealers are supposedly negotiating Bullitt's (especially the black ones), but there are always holdouts like the one down the street asking a $10k ADM, ha!

#45 ·
There is maybe a 3 grand difference between the two. It really depends what you want from them....shelby looks more aggressive, but bullitt has a nice sleeper/clean look. I would get a shelby if I didn't plan to do any mods to it at all. I personnally like the Bullitt better though...I think it unique enough, so I could focus all my money on performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.