Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So if the intakes on the Bullitt mustangs are so much better why does it only have 5 more horsepower than the GT? For the price difference your going to pay between it and a GT, is a GT more power for your money?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
It is a fair amount better, but if you're stock, or close to, you will not see a very big difference. One of the things that makes it better is that the manifold can be ported and polished since it's metal. You will only notice signficant differences when you are making big power, once the GT intake has reached it's flow limit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 01 bullitt actually makes about 275, Ford revised it I believe. I have one, stock, and raced a new edge GT with Catback, midpipe, and had an SCT badge ( dunno how much truth in it) from 60 3x and won each time.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
So....is there really a big advantage in having this intake? Is it worth the money to buy it and a new TB instead of the TB/Plenum for the stock GT? Very intrigued...

·
Registered
328 Posts
go trickflow they are better and cheaper but accufab makes a good product too, but it you spend a little more you can get the trickflow thats what im getting if i go centri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts