Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I am delivering my car to the shop tomorrow after a wicked winter to get lowered... I am sure it will brighten my spirits. I purchased the springs with caster camber plates so I don't have any major issues right away. The owner suggested a bump steer kit to make sure that everything is in correct, working order.

My question... is a bump-steer kit necessary to get proper alignment? I read on here that CC plates are a good move but I really don't know what the bump kit does. Can anyone explain what it does, and what will happen if I choose not to install it? Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
A bump steer kit is basically adjustable tie rod ends. When you lower a car the geometry of the suspension is changed. A bump steer kit is used to bring parts of your suspension back in to alignment. Without it your car may be more likely to have erratic steering when hitting bumps or on a rough road.
If the bump steer kit isnt installed properly youll have shitty control over your car as I do vs my buddy without a bump steer kit and just sportline springs.

I'd say hold off on the bump steer kit and see how yout handling is. It won't affect the alignment of your tires just the alignment of suspension components.
If you decide to install a bumpsteer kit at a later time you'll need another alignment.

I read up on this a while back due to my problem. Search google for more details as I'm not a professional just trying to help.

Reactions: PonyBoy02

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help I really appreciate. The sales associate couldn't provide me with clear insight so I wanted to see what others had to say. REPS thank you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts