Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my.stock bumper and forgot to take the brackets.. what now? Should I try a junk yard?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Depending upon which brackets you're referring to... you may not need them. If you're talking about the rear side brackets they're not absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending upon which brackets you're referring to... you may not need them. If you're talking about the rear side brackets they're not absolutely necessary.
They are the ones that are on the inside of the bumper. They are riveted to the 3 plastic tabs.

That would be awesome if i didnt need them.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
You mean on the front bumper?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Thought you meant the back. So you're talking about the actual mounting tabs with studs that rivet to the bumper cover? If those are the one's you mean... you're gonna need them, yes.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. Those are the ones I'm talking about.. I'm hoping I can find something locally.. it's such a pain to get stuff mailed to me when my address is a ships address..

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
That sux bawlz. Yeah, find a junkyard man. Take a drill and some decent bits with you. Pull the bumper, drill all of the rivets and take just the brackets. If it's a you pull it yard you'll probably walk out with a $5 charge.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's would be best case scenario.. I'm just worried they aren't going to want to part the brackets from the bumper.. I'll call around tomorrow.. thanks for your help

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
LOL. Don't ask dick! Find a you pull it yard... that's where you go get the parts you want and show them on the way out... they ask what they are... you tell them... and they tell you a price. Snatch the bumper, drill and snag the brackets... on your way out the simple answer is "a bumper bracket". $5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts