Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow my back bumper appears to be hit. It's paint is cracked about the size of a half dollar coin next to the license plate. I don't want to wait any longer to get this fixed. (I will try and get a pic up soon)

Originally I possibly found a GT H-pipe on craigslist and planned to get a GT bumper and go dual. Im having a hard time finding GT bumpers and that route seems to be expensive now though.

Another route was getting a new v6 bumper and doing the cut on the bumper to go dual. While it may be cheaper it doesn't seem to be as appealing for duals as the GT one.

Lastly I thought about maybe seeing a collision repair shop or something along those lines to see if I could just get the damage repaired.

So my question is what route to take? What have you guys done and how much did it cost? Or what would you do in this situation, any advice. I want to go dual no matter what.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i Feel like if your going to spend the money you might as well do it right, ive been dying to go dual with the GT bumper but then i think to myself should i get a GT/CS bumper instead and be more individual. its all how much you want to spend, if you have the money go with the GT bumper it looks SOO much better IMO and go duals with flowmaster 40's.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Well I have duals and I just cut the stock bumper to fit. But if your bumper is screwed up, might as well get a new one.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Check OEM Parts & OEM Wheels - Original Equipment Parts from NewTakeOff for the rear bumper, and might as well check out the dual exhaust kit they have there too. I got mine from them, and Im very happy with the looks/sound of the GT takeoff mufflers, also the price is right.

KB0903, The Flowmaster 40's sound great on the 3.8/3.9 v6's not so much on the 4.0 v6:no

·
Registered
123 Posts
What Lone Star said. I got my duals from NewTakeOff also and I did the cut out on the stock bumper. Can't beat the price ANYWHERE that I could find.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got my GT/CS rear on ebay for $230 shipped. Deals are out there and you'll probably regret not using this opportunity to upgrade

As far as exhaust, I went to a custom exhaust shop and had them fab an H pipe and I supplied the GT axelbacks. I'm very happy with the result

1 - 6 of 6 Posts