Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show it off since I'm obsessed with it. Plus if anyone is thinking of doing it here it is. Dropped 90+lbs getting rid of the exhaust. Idle is with the exit, vid is before it came out. Will have to get other vids

turbo 2v: https://youtu.be/UyD6Tt84bmI

https://youtu.be/8R6hO5qxzgw

Attachments

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mines not bad at all cruising as far as noise. Idle in traffic is stupid loud tho

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Thats cool man. Whats that chrome ring called? Ive been trying to find a place to buy them.
What size do you need I have an extra I can send you. Its a 3.5in ring. They're call header/exhaust trim rings.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I see a lot of tickets in your future. I'm going to do something similar but have an electric cut and run full exhaust and open it at the track

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Mines not bad at all cruising as far as noise. Idle in traffic is stupid loud tho

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

What size do you need I have an extra I can send you. Its a 3.5in ring. They're call header/exhaust trim rings.
it looks sweet man.
I'm running a 3" down pipe. Will that work? Or do you have to run the same size?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,726 Posts
I want to do this but I cant bring myself to drill into my 01 cobra bumper.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
looks familiar. :shiftyeyes makes me want to get my car finished. im planning on a 4" bumper exit this time around though. :rockon

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,726 Posts
I wouldn't drill an OEM 01 cobra bumper either. For a 4" dp a 4.25" ring will look nice.
I was thinking of going out the fender since thats easy to replace. Just not sure about fumes at that height.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I see a lot of tickets in your future. I'm going to do something similar but have an electric cut and run full exhaust and open it at the track
I hope not. I dont drive it all that often.

looks nice How are the Fumes coming out of the front bumper?

Fumes weren't bad at all. I sat in a line for about 15-20min leaving the show today and didn't smell fumes at all

What size is the downpipe itself, 3" or 3.5"? I'm doing a 4" DP and wondering what trim ring to get, 4.5"?
The DP is a 3in with a 3.5 ring. Go 1/2in over it works out nice. The hole you cut and the ring will be the same size

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

it looks sweet man.
I'm running a 3" down pipe. Will that work? Or do you have to run the same size?
You'll want a 3.5in ring like I have. The ring and the hole are the same size. They should both be .25 or .5in bigger than the pipe

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,624 Posts
How many lbs are you running and any guesses on power level?

Did you do the dp yourself, and hows the piping, basicalling two 90*'s and straight to the bumper?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts