Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today at 630am I had a front bumper on my car. At 7am my **** was on the floor. My mom and all her wisdom decided to smash it into the cement parking stop thing (whatever it's called). It's a OEM Ford 04 Cobra bumper so i'm really trying to save it, can anyone take a look at the pics and let me know if there's a way to fix this....

Basically I need to fix the thing that connects the bumper to the car which is seen here

And this is the other side, which is the side that broke off

My car can't really pull off this look

So someone help:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
you could see about having the tabs plastic welded back

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
yea plastic weld, also there are some great epoxys out there now a days

go the a body shop supply store and ask them im sure they will have what you need

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I know how you feel man, my mom shut the garage door on mine last year...I had to get the trunk and bumper repainted...grrr..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Done this many times... First find someone that sells 3M 8115 panel bold and the dual dispenser gun to use it (btw not cheap but cheaper than a new bumper). Second, small rivets & gun (1/4) Your going to lay a bead of panel bond between the old cracked tab and the bracket and your going to rivet new metal stock to sandwich the bumper and the bracket. Move the new metal stock as far down as possible. Because the bracket is torn off its gonna take 24 hours to dry completely but, your not going to have any more problems on that corner. Save the tips on the 8115 because those tips are 6 buck a piece... It's an investment but you'll fix all find of problems with the 8115 so, good luck

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Done this many times... First find someone that sells 3M 8115 panel bold and the dual dispenser gun to use it (btw not cheap but cheaper than a new bumper). Second, small rivets & gun (1/4) Your going to lay a bead of panel bond between the old cracked tab and the bracket and your going to rivet new metal stock to sandwich the bumper and the bracket. Move the new metal stock as far down as possible. Because the bracket is torn off its gonna take 24 hours to dry completely but, your not going to have any more problems on that corner. Save the tips on the 8115 because those tips are 6 buck a piece... It's an investment but you'll fix all find of problems with the 8115 so, good luck
3M 8115 is awesome. Used it all the time when I was working auto body. Not sure of the price but it sure works. I think they have some quick drying formulas too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah they got a whole line that awesome but, 3M..... you would think they would let off the gas on pricing... I get 8115 for $30-40 on ebay and when I'm in a pinch I get locally for $45 so look around first.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might go straight for the 3M like you said man. I don't want to be on the highway and have my bumper fly off (which would not be cool). Any suggestion on stores that carry that stuff in Miami?

·
Registered
532 Posts
i say sense she hit it make her buy a new one :) thats what i would do haha

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
that epoxy **** is strong,get the 60 sec one,gives you time to get it right before it hards up,or find somebody with a plastic welder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts