Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have read threw the posts but have not found what i want to hear.. here's my story I bought a 1999 mustang 5speed v6 base wife takes it to work... hits sign trashes drivers side fender hood and bumper cover. so what i would like to know is will a cobra front bumper cover fit? if so what years? will i need different fenders? hood? headlights? thanks! First ford born and raised Camaro.... I'm lost

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You'll need a 99/01 or 03/04 Cobra bumper. The 99/01 bumpers are rare and you should expect to pay $450+ to get one. The 03/04 bumpers are common and you can get them for like $250. Stock fenders and hood should be fine with the new bumper.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Make that baby look sexy. but DO NOT put cobra emblems on it

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
best bumper combo i have seen for the new edge stangs is a 99/01 cobra front bumper with a 03/04 cobra chin spoiler. looks soooooo fuggin sick!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
best bumper combo i have seen for the new edge stangs is a 99/01 cobra front bumper with a 03/04 cobra chin spoiler. looks soooooo fuggin sick!
:yes

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
both look good... here are both cobra bumpers on sixxers

chaoticdismay (99/01 cobra front with 03/04 chin, side skirts, spoiler, and a mach 1 hood)

Zatrekaz (03/04 cobra bumper with chin)

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
99-01 looks better IMO. Gives more of a mean look when you throw the chin spoiler on

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
his car is a beast... converted to a 99 Cobra IRS, v6 with a m112, and last i heard was undergoing a cobra 4v swap :)
Can't go wrong with the Cobra IRS (though 03/04 is better), or a 4v swap. Know if he's going with a termi engine or 99/01?

Either way he may have convinced me to switch up to 99/01. My 03/04 is in pretty rough shape.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
im pretty sure he is going termi engine... even if he went 99/01 gobra engine he already has the mm12, just would need to score other parts

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
im pretty sure he is going termi engine... even if he went 99/01 gobra engine he already has the mm12, just would need to score other parts
It is a biiig leap from 99/01 to put the Eaton swap on it. I've been following them for about a year now.

I'm going to have to contact him to compare notes, especially if he gets a 99/01. I've got an 03 longblock and an Eaton swap kit, and it looks to be hell to put together, particularly the vacuum tree and wiring.

I might also see where he got his bumper. Though I have a feeling there's got to be some 99/01 guys looking for an 03/04 bumper out there, and a trade would work great.

...all assuming I don't swap on a stock V6 bumper front and back for awhile to give people a nasty surprise...:cool:

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
IMO the termi bumper only looks good with a heat exchanger or intercooler because the gap is so big. And it looks best with termi skirts.

Chaoticdismays car is now na and he is accumulating parts for the 4v swap. I'm also pretty sure he sold the whole m112 kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts