Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started happening... When Im sitting at a light with my foot on the brake I can feel a "bump..bump...bump" like its going with the idle of the car. I put my foot on the clutch just enough to take the slack off the cable it stops.... So today I tightned the cable with the firewall adjuster and it didnt help. What could cause this? Ive never known "clutch chatter" would this be it? Where would yall start looking?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
holy crap! Mine does the same.

i thought it could be the tob bc mine used to squeak, now it doesnt. IDK. Anyluck with it yet?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy crap! Mine does the same.

i thought it could be the tob bc mine used to squeak, now it doesnt. IDK. Anyluck with it yet?
As a matter of fact I found out and this applies to you sir! My TOB did the same thing and it finally stopped sqeaking so I forgot about it..:facepalm: I had it and the Ford dealer I used to work at with a friend. Turns out the TOB had siezed and wore down the fingers on the pressure plate. We oped the box to my new RAM clutch and it turned out to be the 26 spline...:facepalm: So now I get to call american muscle tomorrow and get another. You better have it checked out because your getting ready to tear stuff up like me.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
i have another t45 i just got with 3000 miles, soim putting that in when the snow clears and the roads are almost ready to tear up..

When I was slowing down, the bumping in the pedal shows up (from what i remember). How are your ball joints, sway bar links, bushings?

I know mine are a little worn...alot worn. Could be from the loweing springs and the VA roads until i came back to indiana.

Have you checked all the front out???

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya everything is still tight and good suprisingly. Those VA roads are brutal man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts