Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several people tell me that my valve (s) could be burned if I have a lot of misfiring in two of my cylinders. I can not drive me car because the misfiring is so excessive and the check engine light keeps flashing. I also had a mechanic tell me to change my spark plugs to see if that would render some result. This all occured from having some jokers cross over ignition wires. PLEASE HELP! I don't want to have to shove out a bunch of money to get my car fixed.

·
Registered
662 Posts
its prolly due to the ignition then. trace through everything and make sure its all good. and btw... go beat whoevers ass that ****ed with your ****.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Sounds like an ignition problem. If you had burnt valves, your compression would be ****. You wouldn't be misfiring. Make absolute sure your wires are not crossed, are seated right (on the coil and the plug), and all coils are firing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its prolly due to the ignition then. trace through everything and make sure its all good. and btw... go beat whoevers ass that ****ed with your ****.
I so want to beat the **** out of the guys that ****ed up my ****. Never again will they touch my car. I hope it really is just an ignition problem. I got some cheapo autolite copper plugs just so I could see if that is the problem and retrace the wires. I hope it is an easy fix. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i changed the spark plugs same results. smoke still coming out of throttle body. i called around to a few shops and mechanics say it doesn't sound like a burned valve. so it's some crazy ignition problem. i guess i'll check the fuel injectors next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts