Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so im sure im going to sound lame.. but i finally grabbed the nads to do some burnouts. they don't last long but like 4 seconds of burning rubber at stoplights is fun. i just realized i didn't have the traction control off, if i turn it off will it burn out better?

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
:spank

I used to have fun with that, having a tlok in all. take people out to an open parking lot and watch them hold on for dear life doing donuts and ****.

That will be stopping even after my 4.2 build. I was under the back end a couple days ago ... those tires are wearing fast !!!!!. Only had them a year now.... took half the life of em i bet

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yeah take the TC off if you're going to do burnouts. It will make them much easier. Or just be like me and don't have traction control :D

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
yeah i dont think i have traction control? how do yyou know for sure?
if you have a button for it, Most dont come with it stock. I dont have it :D

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
yeah i dont think i have traction control? how do yyou know for sure?
There's a light that comes on on your gauges if it kicks in I believe

I dont do burnouts in mine. I dont have t-lok and I have a new clutch and tires, dont want to mess either up

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i have the button. its simple, press the button if you want it off. if you have it on, you will know when its used because a green light in the shape of a tire spinning will appear on the dash. mine is turned off in my tune anyway

its pointless anyway, one time it was raining and i stepped on the gas too hard and the tcs cut the power for 1 second right in the middle of a 3 way intersection and only my side had the stop and the other two sides had the right of way. so i feel like if you try to dash out in front of a car and it comes on, it may delay you one second and thats all it takes for you to get t boned.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
My Burnouts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:spank

I used to have fun with that, having a tlok in all. take people out to an open parking lot and watch them hold on for dear life doing donuts and ****.

That will be stopping even after my 4.2 build. I was under the back end a couple days ago ... those tires are wearing fast !!!!!. Only had them a year now.... took half the life of em i bet
+1 to the tires...I never do burnouts..I hardly even squeal my tires...But ive saved the two best tires from every tire change so i have a few tires i can throw on and play with :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts