Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I drive a manual. I get the basic idea. But if anyone has any pointers it would help. First time I tried I nearly killed it and the car jerked so hard. I just got a new clutch put in and I dont wanna burn this one up lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
#1 rev to about 3.5k, drop the clutch, hit the brake as fast as you can while flooring it.

#2 hold brake and gas with one foot while droping clutch with your other foot.

if you get pretty good at shifting you can even burnout in second gear with ur v6...

my stock 03 v6...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I apply full pressure to the break to keep the car from moving and then hold the gas at around 3000 to keep spinning tires?

·
Registered
235 Posts
sounds right to me, but I haven't tried braking yet haha. I just typically get no traction so I go to take off and I end up just losing traction and burning rubber for like 3 seconds. From what i've read you understand the gist of it ufc94champ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just apply enough pressure to the brakes to keep it from moving, the less pressure the better. As for the gas, once the tires are spinning you will know how much is enough, but as long as you dont redline it the whole time you should be ok.

In my video, i was holding it at about 2.3 rpms in first gear for the first 30 sec. In 2nd gear i had it at around 3.8-4.5 rpm

Practice in a huge open lot, and get to know your car better. Dont try burnout out 2 gear yet because there is a good chance you may not switch fast enough and you may burn up the clutch.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
cut the tires all one way, drop the clutch, and feather the brakes (im pretty sure anyway :dunno)

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah pretty much front tires stuck turned and the backtires got no real traction so I pretty much spun around . don't ask me exactly how it happened but it sucked

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I plan on getting a T-lock. im only 16 and have already dropped 2 grand with clutch, tires, and all my aftermarket stuff. Next I have to get a new hood bc there is a chip in it and its eating itself away. I figure just get a new hood instead of repainting :) anyways back to topic, yeah I watched your video but it was so blurry I gave up on it. I guess the first time I tried it I hesitated bc I was a little scared of stalling or burning the clutch up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
btw I believe you can get a pretty good fine for it so don't go gettin in trouble because you got information from MM :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw I believe you can get a pretty good fine for it so don't go gettin in trouble because you got information from MM :p
Lol I just plan on practicing in vacant areas so I dont look like an idiot when I go to the track this summer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I run on drag radials and all i do bfore staging is turn the trac control off. Quickly rev to 4,000rpms, dump the clutch and it spins and i starts rolling forward slowly then get off the gass and on the clutch. I dont take but 2 sec. and they get plenty sticky and still have plenty of tires for the rest of the season

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
#1 rev to about 3.5k, drop the clutch, hit the brake as fast as you can while flooring it.
This.

This is what I do-

1. Put the car in 2nd gear.

2. Rev it up to about 45k-49k rpms, dump the clutch and hit the brakes. Make sure you don't slam on the brake, because it will cause your car to jerk and stall.

3. Once you see smoke keep the rpms above 4k, and you should be good man.

I hope that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts