Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably about to buy a M112 blower I found for a good price. I'm just buying the blower, what else will I need to install this in my 01 cobra?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
The second link in the post I showed you should have a list of all the parts you need.
EDIT: Parts List on SVTP

Ballpark price you're looking at $2000-3000, including the blower.

I got my kit for $2500, but that's including blower, JLT CAI, 03 Cobra gauge cluster, wiring harness, TB, and the blower/TB/plenum were all ported and powdercoated, plus a couple spare pulleys.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Thats how I started, dont do it lol gets expensive really fast.
:lmao

That's how I started. I thought "well my car has half the termi stuff on it already...and I can get an M112 cheap..."

...several thousand dollars later...

...but I'll let you know the verdict when I get this thing done, as I'm sure 4valve will. 550rwhp might change my mind.

Note: PO of my Eaton swap was running 498hp/540ft-lb before he chucked a rod through the block on an 01 Cobra.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
wickedsnake-- what block are you using now?

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Fapfapfap...

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Fapfapfap...

That's what I'll be doing in time. The intake/supercharger is actually just resting on it, as is the timing cover. No injectors or coils in it yet. I've got a whole lot of headaches to deal with before it's set to go. My FR500 cams and springs won't even be in till next week. Then I have to degree them, put on the accessory drive, figure out the electrical harness, and then pray it works.

·
Registered
927 Posts

That's what I'll be doing in time. The intake/supercharger is actually just resting on it, as is the timing cover. No injectors or coils in it yet. I've got a whole lot of headaches to deal with before it's set to go. My FR500 cams and springs won't even be in till next week. Then I have to degree them, put on the accessory drive, figure out the electrical harness, and then pray it works.
Looks great wicked, I might buy another car to drive so i can tear down the cobra and build it stronger, I keep reminding myself that I scattered a 4.6 N/A and the blower is pry gonna get the job done a lil faster lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if I could pick up a used blower for around $500-$600, it wouldn't be worth it? I just looked at the link and I didn't realize I needed that many parts. Whole thing sounds pricey, but I'm still tempted to buy the blower now and start a project for next winter...

Mustang Supercharger M112

That's the link for the blower. He has it listed for $600, but I think I could get it down a bit. It looks like it's in good condition, and he said it ran great before he bought a whipple. Any thoughts?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
So if I could pick up a used blower for around $500-$600, it wouldn't be worth it? I just looked at the link and I didn't realize I needed that many parts. Whole thing sounds pricey, but I'm still tempted to buy the blower now and start a project for next winter...

Mustang Supercharger M112

That's the link for the blower. He has it listed for $600, but I think I could get it down a bit. It looks like it's in good condition, and he said it ran great before he bought a whipple. Any thoughts?
Expect around another $1400 in parts to go with that blower, plus possibly injectors, and a BAP. The blower itself is a very small piece of the puzzle.

I'm not saying that it's a poor product, or will disappoint you, just letting you know the costs up front. It's also much more difficult to install than other setups. If you want to put some work into it, and don't mind shelling about $2000 total for around 550ft-lb by 2500rpm and 450hp, go for it.

But if cash is a concern you may want to consider a centri, they will be slightly cheaper and easier to install.

Disclaimer: A pullied Eaton on a Cobra is more than enough to turn your engine into a very expensive paperweight as 4valve mentioned.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$2000 including the blower doesn't sound to bad, I'd do it. My biggest concern if where to find all these parts. Is it $2000 if I bought the blower used, and the rest of the parts new? Or am I living in a fantasy world..

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
$2000 including the blower doesn't sound to bad, I'd do it. My biggest concern if where to find all these parts. Is it $2000 if I bought the blower used, and the rest of the parts new? Or am I living in a fantasy world..
$2000 is if you bought everything used. It's a rough estimate. Some guys have gotten complete Eaton swaps for $1500, I paid $2500 with tons of extras thrown in, and some have gone as $3000. If you go over on SVTPeformance there's usually a few complete kits going. You can piece them together, but there's a lot of parts, and it'll take quite awhile. I'd reccommend getting a package deal.

Ask 4valve, he had a fun time trying to hunt down one of those damn oil coolers.

Stay away from new. The pulley bridge alone, new from FRPP is $1600.

·
Registered
927 Posts
$2000 is if you bought everything used. It's a rough estimate. Some guys have gotten complete Eaton swaps for $1500, I paid $2500 with tons of extras thrown in, and some have gone as $3000. If you go over on SVTPeformance there's usually a few complete kits going. You can piece them together, but there's a lot of parts, and it'll take quite awhile. I'd reccommend getting a package deal.

Ask 4valve, he had a fun time trying to hunt down one of those damn oil coolers.

Stay away from new. The pulley bridge alone, new from FRPP is $1600.
I had to buy the oil cooler new for $320, the parts get grabbed up really quickly used. Piecing my setup together I have about 2k into it with no intercooler setup and no tune. Tuning is one of the biggest things around here its $165 an hour on the dyno + a 100 dollar license. I figured out the hard way it isnt worth trying to piece together as wicked said find a package deal it will save you alot of time and money.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thanks a lot, I think I'll pass it up then. It does seem like to much of a hassle to get parts and everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts