Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i'm new to the forums. Im gonna buy a GT Premium mustang 2010 V8 315 Horsepower Automatic Transmission. But i have some questions before I buy it!

My friends (370z Sport Touring STOCK) and a BMW M6 V10 500 something HP STOCK are bugging me about my car being slower then theirs.

I love this car and its the only car i actually want unless i have 200k+ to spend :p

I have a few questions.

Someone told me STOCK I can't beat them at all. BUT If i get the Stage 2 Kenne Bell 2.6H kit along with torque converter in the 2500 rpm range I should annihilate them in a drag race in the street. Is this true?

also.. whats a good torque converter for 2.5k RPM range.. he didnt tell me what kind of converter to get..

thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
990 Posts
or...you could wait until next year to get the GT with the coyote engine and then Kenne bell it

welcome to MM

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
Hey everyone i'm new to the forums. Im gonna buy a GT Premium mustang 2010 V8 315 Horsepower Automatic Transmission. But i have some questions before I buy it!

My friends (370z Sport Touring STOCK) and a BMW M6 V10 500 something HP STOCK are bugging me about my car being slower then theirs.

I love this car and its the only car i actually want unless i have 200k+ to spend :p

I have a few questions.

Someone told me STOCK I can't beat them at all. BUT If i get the Stage 2 Kenne Bell 2.6H kit along with torque converter in the 2500 rpm range I should annihilate them in a drag race in the street. Is this true?

also.. whats a good torque converter for 2.5k RPM range.. he didnt tell me what kind of converter to get..

thank you for all your help.
First off welcome.

Second off, I dont mean to come off as a complete dick, but if you are not going to buy a car just because it wont beat someone else's car, then you my friend need to re-evaluate the reason you are buying a car in the first place.

I cant speak to numbers or drag times with the car mentioned on a KB, but either way you slice it, you should be buying a car you want, and if it is a mustang, all the better. Buy it for it, not for what your friends say it can or cant do.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Agreed. Their will always be a better car out there than what you buy. I also second the notion of waiting until next year and getting the 5.0 V8

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
yeah wait till the 2011's come out the v6 has (correct me if if wrong) 310hp and i believe the gt is 415 but again not 100% sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.