Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here,

Getting into the vast Mustang world, and looking to buy one soon. My budget limits me to higher mileage mustangs.

Wondering about the motor reliability reaching into the high 100s (150,000 plus)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, what would be a reasonable selling price for a salvage title 99 GT with 77k miles?

Salvaged because of a blown motor, replaced with a "60,000 mile" motor...

Has Steeda Springs, short throw, Zoom clutch, accufab intake and tb, and full Cobra kit...bumpers, side skirts and hood.

What would you REASONABLY pay?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See thats what i was thinking too! but i looked up what defines "salvage" and basically if the damage exceeds 50-60% of the value of the car...its salvaged! BUT i cannot see with the availability of 4.6 2vs that a motor swap would exceed more than half the value...

·
Registered
718 Posts
he prop crashed it and ruined the engine in the process and said ill just say it was a blown motor lol. but I've heard of gt's lasting up to 250000. it all depends on how it was maintained and if the work that has been down so their are a lot of new parts.

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Come to PA and buy my GT. 83k on the clock. Clean title, no accidents. $6,000 and it's yours.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Come to PA and buy my GT. 83k on the clock. Clean title, no accidents. $6,000 and it's yours.
son of a bitch. I you were selling your car last april for 6k :drool

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
son of a bitch. I you were selling your car last april for 6k :drool
I'm sorry man :sorry. I'm picking up a 2008 Milan and since I'm graduating this spring, I'll need a more efficient car. I just need somebody to come pick it up from me. Has brand new Hankook Ventus tires and everything.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have taken apart 200k 4.6s where you can still see the crosshatches in the cylinders as long as its well maintained I don't see a problem. As far as the salvage thing goes insurance decides when to total a car and deem it salvaged. Insurance never pays out for a mechanical failure unless its directly caused by an accident.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
These motors will take some mileage if they are taken care of... Think about it, the 4.6 is in tons of cops cars and taxis will crazy amounts of miles. My F150 has 186k and still tows like a champ. Just be sure to check the fluids as they are a tell tell sign of how well it was maintained. Also pull the oil cap and look down on the cam to check for sludge buildup. Shine a light underneath also to look for leaks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i bought my mach with 105k miles and put 10k on it this summer, not one problem and runs perfect , oil changes every 3kmiles

·
Registered
722 Posts
You can have my 99GT... Haven't put it up for sale yet. But if you want it, throw me $3k and it's yours. It has

01 4v Cobra Motor (36,xxx)
T-3650 (76,xxx)
01 Cobra Gauge Cluster (40,xxx)
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw
Kooks Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers & Catted X w/ Borla Stingers
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Steeda Clutch Quadrant, Steeda Clutch Cable & Fire wall adjuster
JLT Ram Air Intake
3.73's with upgraded 31 spline & full lenth subframes
MMR 75 mm Throttle body
42lb Injectors, SVT Fuel Pump
Custom Conservative Dyno Tune w/ 150 NOS dry shot system Running off E85 performed by Lidio @ Alternative Performance
^With bottle warmer and remote opener: 15lb Bottle^
Original OEM 03 Cobra Rims, 275/40/17 Front, 315/40/17 Rear
Mickey Tompson ET II's Drag Radial (500 miles on em')

460rwhp/520rwtq

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Gotta be a typo. 13k?

·
Registered
784 Posts
actualy you are assuming that a insurance company totaled the car to make it a salvage title. if he blew the motor and didnt have the cash to repair the motor and junked the car then it would have a salvage title. but i do agree its a unusual way of getting a salvage title but dose happen.

do your self a favor pay the 40 bucks for 3 car fax reports and if you are really intersted run the car fax if it was totalted by a insurance company then it will show up

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
You can have my 99GT... Haven't put it up for sale yet. But if you want it, throw me $3k and it's yours. It has

01 4v Cobra Motor (36,xxx)
T-3650 (76,xxx)
01 Cobra Gauge Cluster (40,xxx)
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw
Kooks Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers & Catted X w/ Borla Stingers
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Steeda Clutch Quadrant, Steeda Clutch Cable & Fire wall adjuster
JLT Ram Air Intake
3.73's with upgraded 31 spline & full lenth subframes
MMR 75 mm Throttle body
42lb Injectors, SVT Fuel Pump
Custom Conservative Dyno Tune w/ 150 NOS dry shot system Running off E85 performed by Lidio @ Alternative Performance
^With bottle warmer and remote opener: 15lb Bottle^
Original OEM 03 Cobra Rims, 275/40/17 Front, 315/40/17 Rear
Mickey Tompson ET II's Drag Radial (500 miles on em')

460rwhp/520rwtq
$3K...?......Something is way off?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts