Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting the Grabber Blue Mustang V6 2011.

I am just worried if I buy it, only to discover a few months later that the shape was changed (facelift) for the 2012 model

Can anyone confirm that the 2012 will be the same shape / body style? or I'd rather wait?

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Look at the recent history of the Mustang. The body style changes and then stays the same for 4-5 years. I HIGHLY doubt the body style will change again until 2014 (50th Anniversary) or 2015.

94-98
99-04
05-09
10+

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the recent history of the Mustang. The body style changes and then stays the same for 4-5 years. I HIGHLY doubt the body style will change again until 2014 (50th Anniversary) or 2015.

94-98
99-04
05-09
10+
Thanks alot for your reply!

I have to order it from the USA through our local dealer as the manual transmission version they have here is the basic one with fabric seats, no fog lights, nothing really.... horrible....they only focus on Automatic Transmission

It will take 3 months till it arrives here...gives me some good time to read more on the forums...

how many years can a Mustang run without giving me headaches? I usually service my vehicle at the agency not these cheap garages

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
well, for starters, you only have to change the oil every 10,000 miles because it is synthetic and has an aluminum oil pan, so thats good. I think most owners kinda abuse their mustangs, but i guess it depends on how you drive it.

BTW, I see that you are in Dubai..... Im actually an Arabic translator here in the states.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Yeah, Stewart can talk to you in your native language. Right Stewart??? Damn, I wish I could.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Abe.

Why would it matter if the new Mustangs got a facelift anyway? Nothing can look better than the 2011's anyway. :D

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
well, for starters, you only have to change the oil every 10,000 miles because it is synthetic and has an aluminum oil pan, so thats good. I think most owners kinda abuse their mustangs, but i guess it depends on how you drive it.

BTW, I see that you are in Dubai..... Im actually an Arabic translator here in the states.
The manual does state that you don't have to change for 10k miles. Personally, I would NEVER let any vehicle go that long.

Synthetic oil can go longer than conventional oil. My opinion is that I would never let any vehicle go longer than 5k miles on any oil. The reason? Why risk potentially ruining a motor to save on a couple $60 oil changes. I'll spend the extra $100 a year and be 100% sure my oil is always good.

If you take care of a modern engine, you shouldn't have any major problems before at least 100k miles. Most likely just standard maintenance.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ah Grabber Blue, first off you will love the color and secondly you should not have any problems with the car now that they fixed their clutch issue. As for appearance nothing is changing for a few more years our 11's are just to beautiful to change. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Ah Grabber Blue, first off you will love the color and secondly you should not have any problems with the car now that they fixed their clutch issue. As for appearance nothing is changing for a few more years our 11's are just to beautiful to change. :)
I think Ford is going to come up with something even better :D

i hope, because i want to jump back into a direct injected v6 by 2014 :) or MAYBE A V8888888888888, but who knows!!!

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I actually think that my next car will be a 370z Nismo

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I actually think that my next car will be a 370z Nismo
nice choice, i actually think i'm going to go for a zo6 vette....mmmm a c6!! i looked into before mustangs but they are pricey plus not what i need atm!

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
uh, yea, quite a price difference. 370z nismo is around 40k.... z06 are around 85-90k

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
What's 50k honestly? LOL. Definitely will be getting another Stang for my next car but if I need a four door car I would get a WRX or a Ford Falcon, if they ever bring those damn things stateside. LOL.

Honestly it all really depends on budget constraints for me, there are a lot of cars I'd love to own.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Same here I almost bought a vette instead of the sixxer I'm glad I didn't. But this is my second stang and will not be the last. I honestly don't think I'll ever own another car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i love mine!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Its hard not to, the cars these days are built tremendously good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you guys are already taking about what your next cars are gonna be!!! hope that doesnt show ur getting bored of the six already. I think um pretty set on the 2011 v6 but i've also been looking at a base 370 and a 2010 GT's. Will I be happy going from a v6 honda accord with about 260hp to the 2011 v6 PP?
The thing im looking most forward to is the stick!! thoug

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
We're just crazy. Its natural to always want something 'more'.

I plan on keeping my car until it dies of old age, then I'll buy an Audi R8.

As for the Accord, think of it as a snail vs a cheetah. The mustang has a much more refined body with improved handling and acceleration.

As for a 2010GT we can keep up with them, and get better gas mileage.

370's are decent in my book, but they lack the space of the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We're just crazy. Its natural to always want something 'more'.

I plan on keeping my car until it dies of old age, then I'll buy an Audi R8.

As for the Accord, think of it as a snail vs a cheetah. The mustang has a much more refined body with improved handling and acceleration.

As for a 2010GT we can keep up with them, and get better gas mileage.

370's are decent in my book, but they lack the space of the Mustang.
370's are sexy! lol it's not meant for space its a roadster!

and the 2010 comment, on a track i think the 11's have me beat, but as far as drag type, this old 4.6 still has some ass kicking power!!! lol idk i think Ford designed the 11' six for more of a autox type style and not so much drag! and i say that coming from a 13.1 sixxer LOL....almost all bolted out except for headers and i couldnt break 12's on my stock tires... :(

Same here I almost bought a vette instead of the sixxer I'm glad I didn't. But this is my second stang and will not be the last. I honestly don't think I'll ever own another car.
why are you glad you didn't? i mean i would be in a vette if EVERYTHING went my way and i had no other expenses...don't get me wrong, i loved my mustangs but a z06 is :eek: lol and i see used ones all the time at "corvettes of Houston" for 40-50k for low mileage 07-08-09

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Because I would not have any extra money to play around with it and mod it, because of insurance. Thats why I got the sixxer.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Because I would not have any extra money to play around with it and mod it, because of insurance. Thats why I got the sixxer.

Thats a good point too.... i mean... the only problem I have with the mustang is that EVERYONE has one. I mean seriously.... if you looked at every family in America, im sure that somebody in that family would have one. A 370 Nismo would be super sexy and beat a mustang hands down. Its about double the price though and wont get as good mpg's..... so there are ups and downs.... im not "bored" with my stang, but i gotta keep working on it to continue liking it. If I had left it stock.... i would have been bored by now.... in fact.... i WAS bored. It may have 300 ponies, but it doesnt always feel like it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts