Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm forced to part out the old mustang, and I'm considering a newer Mustang 2011+, and needless to say I will need to finance, I'm wondering what you older/more experienced gents can recommend when working with a dealership, or how to shop around

(My brother said something about posting up your info. and having dealerships offer to you, so you can get the lowest price?)

Anything helpful is appreciated.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
Do your homework. Pick some criteria and see what dealers around the country are asking.

You could also check KBB and even blackbook if you have access to a dealer you know personally. Once you have it figured out what you want and near what you should pay, find a few local dealers.

Thoroughly inspect the car and obviously ask for a carfax or report on its history. Test drive, make an offer, and hopefully you'll find something you like. Good luck.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
After owning a few cars that didn't satisfy I try to find exactly what I want, then work on the price and stuff.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After owning a few cars that didn't satisfy I try to find exactly what I want, then work on the price and stuff.
Yeah def gonna get in a few solid test drives, don't wanna be stuck with a car I hate.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
I'm in mine for ~$20k. 27k miles. Found it on craigslist at a little used car dealership in the middle of nowhere.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in mine for ~$20k. 27k miles. Found it on craigslist at a little used car dealership in the middle of nowhere.
I'm trying to stay around 16 and under price, tough being poor and living in IL with high ass taxes.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I'm trying to stay around 16 and under price, tough being poor and living in IL with high ass taxes.
Good luck. Remember that you are going to have to pay around 9% sales tax on the car. So if you are trying to stay under $16k you need to be looking at cars around $14k so it comes out to $16k after sales tax, title, and handling charges.

That being said, If you want the 2010+ body style you are probably looking at a 2010 V6 with 70k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good luck. Remember that you are going to have to pay around 9% sales tax on the car. So if you are trying to stay under $16k you need to be looking at cars around $14k so it comes out to $16k after sales tax, title, and handling charges.

That being said, If you want the 2010+ body style you are probably looking at a 2010 V6 with 70k miles on it.
$14k for a 2010 V6 with 70k miles on it? Prices must be high where you are.
This one place by me is selling a 2012 V6 with 62k miles for $12k, and a few 2012 V6 verts with 40k miles for $16k, and a 2011 V6 with 39k miles for $15k.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I was rounding but you are still making my point. If you want a 2010+ with an out the door price of $16k you will be looking at a 2010-2012 V6. Out of the cars you listed the 2012 V6 with 62,000 miles is the only on that fits his budget.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
+1 to this illinois is one of the shittyest places to live lol But dont let them bullshit you with the price, show them cheaper cars from other reagons to help get to your price ect.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If you got to dealer always have the final price in mind of what you want to spend. Don't get sucked into the, "what do you want your payment to be?", bullshit.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
See my sig. Got a nice, NICE car for sale :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I was rounding but you are still making my point. If you want a 2010+ with an out the door price of $16k you will be looking at a 2010-2012 V6. Out of the cars you listed the 2012 V6 with 62,000 miles is the only on that fits his budget.
You said 2010 V6. Didn't the V6 get a significant bump in power in 2011? If so, I wouldn't get a 2010. I'd get a 2011+ V6 or a 05-09 GT. I wouldn't get a 2010 V6 unless it's a steal.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
In zombiefro's defense, GT insurance is ALOT higher. I didn't believe that jazz until I had to actually insure mine. V6 is a smart choice.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
See my sig. Got a nice, NICE car for sale :)
I would be interested if I didn't hate verts, sorry lefty ;)

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

In zombiefro's defense, GT insurance is ALOT higher. I didn't believe that jazz until I had to actually insure mine. V6 is a smart choice.
yeah, also being under 25 doesn't help the case.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

2005-2009 GT would be your best bet tbh. Go for the v8 man !
it would be nice, but i prefer the 2011+ body over the 05-09 :/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts