Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looked for a write up, I didnt see anything. But by Febuary (March at the latest) I plan on buying a used supercharger.

I have a few questions.
Do I need differant spark plugs? Colder ones?
What Fuel Injectors are good for around 8-10#'s? 39#?
The 255lph Fuel pump will handle the boost fine right?
Do I need a Fuel Pressure guage?
I have 4.10's, so obviously Ill need a gear swap...would 3.55's be good? I want a long hard pull in 3rd and 4th, but will 3.73's give me that too?

Thanks for the help guys, just trying to start getting everything organized.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yes, NGK TR6s will do you perfect.

I'd personally stick with 42#ers.

I'd personally stick with the Ford GT fuel pump.

No gauge is "needed," but I highly recommend a wideband at least.

I have 4.10's, so obviously Ill need a gear swap...would 3.55's be good? I want a long hard pull in 3rd and 4th, but will 3.73's give me that too?
4.10s might be a little too much gear, 3.73s is what I'm sticking with. If I were you, I would keep the 4.10s when you install the supercharger and decide from there.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I have a few questions.
Do I need differant spark plugs? Colder ones? Yes one stage colder, PM me and i can find the number for you
What Fuel Injectors are good for around 8-10#'s? 39#? 42lbs
The 255lph Fuel pump will handle the boost fine right? Yes get the Ford GT fuel pump and be done
Do I need a Fuel Pressure guage? Not needed
I have 4.10's, so obviously Ill need a gear swap...would 3.55's be good? I want a long hard pull in 3rd and 4th, but will 3.73's give me that too? I have 4.10s and love them, pulls like a damn train, tops out in 4th at 115-117 though with 25.8 tall tire

·
Registered
381 Posts
NGKs
why not just get 60s to so when you go crazy in the future you wont have to sell yours and buy the 60s.
I have the ford gts and they are good for 1000hp
Not really but its nice to have can never have too many important gauges
Dude dont change your gears you want 410s trust me

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
plus 1 on the 4:10s

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i didn't read all the answers but anyway...

non sense you don't need a gear swap...i would get a ford gt pump. can find them at a good price and it will handle the setup easily...39lb injectors will be fine for your setup as well. they are good to over 400 hp. 42 is great if you wanna get those but if you find a set of the 39lb cobra injectors then they will work just fine

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Im looked for a write up, I didnt see anything. But by Febuary (March at the latest) I plan on buying a used supercharger.

I have a few questions.

Thanks for the help guys, just trying to start getting everything organized.

1. yes one step colder
2. 39's will be plenty
3. yes, get a gt supercar/gt40 pump
4. no you dont need a fuel pressure gauge
5. no reason to swap gears, myself along with a few others around here are supercharged with 4.10's and love it/have no issues

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
42 pound injectors NEW for 223 at Buyford racing .com

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
idk used fuel parts scare me

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im definatley ot going 4.10's with a supercharger. 1 Ill run out of gear for the track. 2 No traction. 3 Wont get the full affect of the boost until 3rd or 4th gear.

Thanks for the help guys

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i am going to run 4:10s with a blower....

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Im definatley ot going 4.10's with a supercharger. 1 Ill run out of gear for the track. 2 No traction. 3 Wont get the full affect of the boost until 3rd or 4th gear.

Thanks for the help guys
Do you have any proof/experience with this? Or is this just what youve read/your buddies have told you. 1. I can understand, 2. bs, 3. bs

·
Registered
4,987 Posts

Thanks for the help guys
I have 4.10s and a Supercharger...

Why would you run out of Gear for the Track?

No Traction? Yea your gona need a DR at the Least if you want to hook up.

Why wouldent you get full affect of boost until 3rd or 4th?

This guy Is Blown with 4.10s with only a 3 speed and don't run out of gear and gets traction and full effect of the boost in the First 60':p

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because with 4.10's the top of the 4th is only 110mph.

Plus like I said, and Ive heard alot from other forums, with 4.10's your ripping through gears, and you dont see nor feel the full affect of the boost. Thats one reason why I love my Dad's Mach 1, 3rd gear is his money gear. That thing pulls sooooooo hard through 3rd gear. And all he has is exhaust and intake.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
lol keyword here is *heard*...How many of the people that youve heard this from have actually tried it?

As far as n/a goes I threw in 3.73 for a week, threw in 4.10 the next week and never looked back after the 4.10's. Had a few other things as well (cams,valve springs, minor bolt ons). Went to fi later down the road and its crazy nice, no traction issues, none of the gear bs you stated, and as long as you run the correct size tire at the track speed wont be a problem as well. The ridiculous part is that youre willing to pay $200+ for gears plus what 300+ (give or take some) for some independent to put them in. All for a slight difference? Youre just hurting yourself in the end.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have 4.10s and a Supercharger...

Why would you run out of Gear for the Track?

No Traction? Yea your gona need a DR at the Least if you want to hook up.

Why wouldent you get full affect of boost until 3rd or 4th?

This guy Is Blown with 4.10s with only a 3 speed and don't run out of gear and gets traction and full effect of the boost in the First 60':p

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
Obviously his transmission is geared very low then. Hes only a 3 speed trapping at 133+mph. The taller tire helps out a lot. But his 1st gear is probally up to about 60mph.

Ill have the 4.10's on for alittle bit, until I have the money to get 3.55's or 3.73's. I want a nice long 3rd and 4th gear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts