Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any of the Vortec guys buy there kit here? i mean there priced great plus with discount its a DAMN good deal. Seems like the whole kit ready to go obviously you'll need a dyno tune after install but the chip can hold you over till then... right?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think summit sells it cheaper, and with a better headunit. If Im not mistaken, the American muscle kit is a V2 Sq?? The summit one is a V3 Si trim.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Try giving Kurgan Motorsports a call 815-669-7223, he is a pretty large volume dealer with Vortech and can usually beat most places prices. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think summit sells it cheaper, and with a better headunit. If Im not mistaken, the American muscle kit is a V2 Sq?? The summit one is a V3 Si trim.
American muscle replaced that with the V-3 but it wasnt to long ago it was the V2, and you are correct summits is cheaper.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i fount at summit... Supercharger Finish Satin
Supercharger Model V-1
Blower Pressure (psi) 7-9 psi
Supercharger Trim S-trim
Computer Chip/Programmer Included Yes
Fuel Injectors Included Yes
Fuel Pump Included Yes
FMU Included No
Bypass Valve Included No
Filter Included Yes
Intercooler Included No
Electric Fans Included No

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ the one thats like 3,000 even the V3 is more then AM

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i seen the turner kits.. i was looking for the whole kit injectors and all.. those dont come with all that. hmm i mean how much more would i have to buy to make the tuner kit work?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Try giving Kurgan Motorsports a call 815-669-7223, he is a pretty large volume dealer with Vortech and can usually beat most places prices. Worth a shot.
+1. For the AM price with the 6% discount, from Kurgan you'll get 60lb injectors instead of the 38lb ones that come from Vortech. A powerpipe instead of the plastic induction, a diablo mafia for your maf, an svt focus pump instead of the wrong Walbro pump that comes with the Vortech, and the correct NGK TR6 spark plugs.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1. For the AM price with the 6% discount from Kurgan you'll get 60lb injectors instead of the 38lb ones that come from Vortech. A powerpipe instead of the plastic induction, a diablo mafia for your maf, an svt focus pump instead of the wrong Walbro pump that comes with the Vortech, and the correct NGK TR6 spark plugs.
what will they usually run $$$ wise ball park if you dont mind :) im trying to deiced if saving the extra $$1000 will be worth it or buying my gears and cams.. :) if i go s/c i will be selling my NX wet kit to help off set id also have to sell my UDP's and CAI right?

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
You need to call over there. They will help you out for sure, just call and deal with a real voice.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to call over there. They will help you out for sure, just call and deal with a real voice.
anyone specific i should ask for?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
what will they usually run $$$ wise ball park if you dont mind :) im trying to deiced if saving the extra $$1000 will be worth it or buying my gears and cams.. :) if i go s/c i will be selling my NX wet kit to help off set id also have to sell my UDP's and CAI right?
It will be very close to the AM discounted price. That's what I was trying to get at. Yes, you need to get rid of the cai and put the stock pulleys back on.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chances are when you call someone will answer it and say "Kurgan Motorsports, how may I help you?" or something along those lines.
...hahahah lol really?... :eek:

j/k j/k

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I know it's the craziest thing right? :D Or you could just screw with them a little bit and make up a random name. (Don't really do that, they might send you a box of dog **** instead of a supercharger)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I bought the V-3. Injectors, pump, etc all included. Then CXRacing for the intercooler. Not a bad set up.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack, but I have a question that may seem dumb. How are you guys inter-cooling the vortec's and is it expensive or real difficult to do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts