Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,
I was curious if anyone of you have experience buying audio or video or lights or whatever car electronics on-line. I personally don't have much to any experience buying these kinds of things online. There for I don't know any sites, good or bad. If anyone has had exeriences please reply here and I'll edit it into a sticky for this section. :popcorn
Thanks
Jinxed :usa

·
Registered
185 Posts
ebay is probably the best place for anything....the only thing is you have to watch out for the sellers positive feedback, if it is below 99% I wouldn't buy it!

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
personally i wouldnt go ebay for electronics just because i think if you want good **** buy new crutchfield.com has good **** sometimes more costly then others but they also offer detailed instalation instructions for you if you dont know how but personal preference i only buy in person at car audio shops simply because you can check out the product listen to the quality and find the best deal

·
Registered
136 Posts
i bought most of my system online expect my subs because i had a local dealer ship hook me up with a deal.. and i got it all through ebay .. you just have to pay attention who you buy from and make sure you research what you are buying.. honestly by doing this i saved around 700 dollars atleast no joke! for the same product!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
crutchfield is good for stuff but the prices is ridiculous. dont buy from there. but research ur stuff there and buy the little things u need from their. otherwise go to cnet.com and type in ur product and they will show u the best prices everywhere

·
Registered
50 Posts
As stated above, when buying online it's best to buy from authorized dealers. Authorized dealers are higher but also alot easier to deal with when you have a warranty issue on any faulty equipment. They "stand behind" their products.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ebay all the way. i have bought many audio stuff from there. check the feedback and look at all the negatives and see what they say. these two sellers were great!

woosatech and hifiaudioonline are awsome sellers!

woofersetc also have great prices, just havent bought anything from them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For you IPOD fans check out BestBuy.com for the Alpine IDA-X001. It has no CD player, it was designed in conjunction with apple . It is an awesome head unit. The fastest Ipod connection available with a 2.2" TFT screen. Shows album artwork and you can download screen savers from apline.com. You can even grab an external USB hard drive and hook that up. I am a certified mobile audio installer @ Best Buy, i can give you opinions and advice on anything having to do with car audio, security, and remote starters.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Crutchfield.

·
Smokin' Hot Blonde
774 Posts
Youngin said:
bestbuy or circuit city has a nice indash dvd player / with tv satelite radio everything for only 400 right now
Bestbuys around here often have accurate instore set ups (sounds like it was in your car) or some of them actually have cars with their sound systems hooked up... point being check out bestbuy/your friends' cars/etc and know exactly what you're looking for before buying it online. I know that seems obvious but a lot of people are told such and such is killer, waste 500 bucks and hate it :p

·
Banned
169 Posts
cardomain.com

they just had a huge blowout sale, and i was able to pick up a pair of dual voicecoil 12" Kicker Subs for $100 shipped.

so they occasionally have some great deals on stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Crutchfield

Cructhfield is way too expensive my friend didnt listen to me and he got crappy speakers and he got ripped a new one in his wallet kinda funny actually haha:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a good experience with crutchfield buying my Alpine IDA-X001 I got it 100 dollars cheaper then best buy was selling it and they give you all of the wiring stuff free. Free 24/7 tech support if you have any questions all around good experience.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts