Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering HIDs off of vvme.com this evening. I know the mustang takes a 9007 bulb. When I click on the "HIDs for my car" link they are saying I need a dual beam. I had HIDs on my old focus and just used a single beam and didn't have a high beam. I'm assuming I can do the same with the mustang correct? Would just as well save the 20 bux since high beams won't be necessary with HIDs.

Also should I go standard or digital slim? Any advantages to the slims for 20 bux?

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
The slims on DDM have a lifetime warranty.. you'll need duals for the 9007 hi/low are the same bulb..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had some bulbs on my old car, they were high low beam i bought off of ebay for 150 bucks... they are still in my old car. they lasted for over 3 years, and for the price and where i got them, i would say to just get the generics... 9006k... Only thing i can recommend is that you stay clear of the higher K bulbs as they put off alot of heat, in my old car it had glass lenses, and i hear the 12k purple color bulbs get really hott...

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
If you want high beams then you'll need the bi-xenon kits. But, you noted that you don't need/want high beams w/ HIDs. In that case you do NOT need the dual beam kit.

Basically, single xenon and bi-xenon will both fit the car. Bi-xenon will give you high and low beams. Single xenon will only allow you to have low beams.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I do not have the dual beam in my car. That was a mistake during ordering though. I do miss having the flash to pass option though.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always heard that hids produce less heat then halogens. I dunno

ordered the single digital slim 10,000k. Had 10,000ks on my focus and loved them. Not sure how they'll look with smoked lenses but we will see

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts

ordered the single digital slim 10,000k. Had 10,000ks on my focus and loved them. Not sure how they'll look with smoked lenses but we will see
depends on the wattage and how small of a space the light housing is

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I assume I didn't wanna do the 55 watt or 24 volt upgrade right?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I ordered single beam... HIDs produce PLENTY of driving light. Having hi/low seems like it'd be a waste. You should be fine with single beams.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts

get the 35 watt, the 55 watt do put out more heat, they actually recommend you don't use 55 watt in small housing lights becuase they will heat the housings.. also 55 watts run more power and tend to wite out some of the color.. so a 6000k in 55 watt looks like a 5000k 35watt..

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
I ordered single beam... HIDs produce PLENTY of driving light. Having hi/low seems like it'd be a waste. You should be fine with single beams.
That's what I'm doing, but I'm putting in yellow or blue bulbs for the high beams.. just for kicks, and still being able to flash my brights, plus in bad weather yellow helps out..

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went ahead and ordered the 55 watt apexcone raptor v2s. I've read of many people using the 55s on our cars for headlights and being fine. I wanted the brighter bulbs bc of the headlights being smoked. When I do the fogs later on I'll be doing 35s bc of the smaller housing. $52 shipped to my door with lifetime warranty is awesome.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 55 watt apexcone raptor v2s. I've read of many people using the 55s on our cars for headlights and being fine. I wanted the brighter bulbs bc of the headlights being smoked. When I do the fogs later on I'll be doing 35s bc of the smaller housing. $52 shipped to my door with lifetime warranty is awesome.
nice..I'll be grabbing that kit soon too.. waiting to finish my christmas shopping.. and make sure I have the cash in the bank for my gears first.. :)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just couldn't stand not having them anymore after having them for 3 years in my old car. Driving at night just isn't the same with halogens. Feel like I'm blind especially with the headlights being smoked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dont mean to thread jack but should i get hids first or new housings. my housings are pretty worn down even after using headlight restore methods

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
get the 35 watt, the 55 watt do put out more heat, they actually recommend you don't use 55 watt in small housing lights becuase they will heat the housings.. also 55 watts run more power and tend to wite out some of the color.. so a 6000k in 55 watt looks like a 5000k 35watt..
i had 55w 6k fog lights for over a year with no issue to the housings :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts