Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i have a few question. I had tons of fox body but never a modular motor. I have a chance to get an 03 gt with 50k for 9k. The first question is are they a good platform and is everyone happy with their's. The second is what kind of numbers can i look at with a s/c. For the last one what should look forward to as problems on this car.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
on stock heads n/a 2vs arent that impressive. but u can see anywhere between 350-450rwhp with a basic vortech or procharger setup.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I think my 04 gt is pretty impressive with just exhuast but I'm also coming from a ford focus so what do i know?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
lol. Did you have the duratec or zetec motor?

Mine was an SVT which was great and all, but way to expensive to get respectable power out of it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
on stock heads n/a 2vs arent that impressive. but u can see anywhere between 350-450rwhp with a basic vortech or procharger setup.

Agreed

To get any impressive numbers N/A would cost alot compared to just s/c.
Also N/A cam'd sounds beast

I had a 03 TRD s/c Corolla:D 200fwhp

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
I love my gt, its not the fastest out there but its fun and it looks great, I remember when I first drove mine I went from my v6 mustang and I thought the difference was awesome lol but u get use to the power which just makes u wana make it faster lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
The only car I'd rather have is a s197 Mustang. These New Edges are sweet. They look sexy stock, and even better once you start modding on them. And they put out more horsepower than most cars on the road. Throw a supercharger on it and then it's really fun. I was used to driving a big block '71 demon drag car on the street, and the Mustang still felt fun as hell when it was bone stock. And now that it's FI, it's just that much better!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
this may sound dumb but i was use to driving my dads tundra it has the 5.7 and i own a true blue 01 gt i love the car its really fun to drive like everything else it gets old over time cool thing is with about 2 grand maybe less you can have a nice car that people drool over

2 grand spent

rims and tires-about 1200 (depending)
lowered-240 for springs(brand new) i promise you can change springs yourself
and a exhaust 225 installed or flows maybe not the best but still sound great
then 180 for tint
you can do little things that really help the car chin spoiler 100
grill delete ( i suggest american muscle) reason being is i paid alittle less on mine and i have seen one from am they are alot better quality

about 110 maybe alittle more

my point is with little money these cars can look great and turn heads and they are decently quick

get gears thou u need em for a new edge

btw make sure its a new edge not a sn95

·
Registered
319 Posts
sorry to budge in but what mods do u have nasty03gt

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Bro buy the mustang! Love my GT always will. Very peppy car and when u start modding it it's even better. Good hobby as well, you'll fall in live with it man I kno I did.

Nasty, Same question :) oh and I got my louvers on, frickin look awesome xD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just saw this thread and I too owned 4 different fox bodies when i was younger...the funny part is after not owning a mustang for about 15 years until my current one...It was like a flashback! they are very similar my man (and thats a really good thing). I tried an 02" ZO6 vette and it was a great car but i wound up coming right back to my teenage years and I am happy I did, just raw unmanipulated fun w/ no traction control bullshit. I built mine way up and it's incredibly stable just like my good old worked 5.0's :) Forgot...better brakes and handles better though

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you supercharge it you will love it, plus there is a **** ton of parts out there from styling to performance and everything in between. Not the best starting platform as far as performance goes (2V anyway) but you get the fun and pride of building your own car unlike most vette owners :dunno Plus, you can't beat the price for a clean GT.

·
Low & Slow
696 Posts
The 2V is a great car, but yes it is an underdog in the modular world. 9k for a 50k car is a good price and if a Mustang in that range is what you're looking for it's a good deal.

I had an 03 and I loved it. If your goal is less than 500rwhp, it will be a good power plant, just throw on a nice Procharger or Vortech setup. If you want to see the most hp, look into heads/cams. Just be careful because at 450 things will start to get weak.

I didn't have any problems but I have seen some people have the intake manifold crack. The only other problem I've seen is with the spark plugs blowing out. If that happened you would need to have them repaired with Time Serts (or helicoil as a lesser option).

Take care of the car and it'll take car of you.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
^^ agreed

01blackgt, I read that "Honda haters" link in ur sig and frickin loved it! Good info couple good laughs too :) thanx for sharing.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Yehh deff good stuff.
All in favor for reps raise hand •raises hand•

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.