Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Dono if this can be in this forum section, but here it goes.... im 16 years old and gonna get my license in april, and ever since i got my permit i was looking forward to a mustang, and in october i got a job and in december i got a 2nd job and now i have about 2983$ :) to be exact, but the problem is that my parents said i would have to buy the car i want myself, and they said that i have to by myself becuase were not a rich family lol... but yea.. i only have about 3,000$ and i want a 99-03 mustang, does anyone know how i can get money... or does anyone know anyway i can get the car with the little money i got? thanks :feedback

P.S. im not spoiled like some people... i actuallt go to school and have 2 jobs.. people say im crazy but all i want is a mustang... V6 of course :)... bye

·
Registered
788 Posts
The best way I can think of, is going to a lot and saying "I want a 99 - 04 mustang, I have 3 grand I want to put down on it, and I don't want your b.s. If you're a prick to the salesman, and you stand your ground, they'll sell, especially now... if they say they cant do it, then say, "fine, I'll go buy the one at such and such place, they garunteed me they could sell, but this car looked nicer, or I liked those rims, or something along those lines.... but never say "I gotta have it, or something that'll lead them along the lines of you'd do anything for the car... You can get great monthly payments of under 100 bucks for a few years if your parents co-sign... goodluck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks... i jus can imagine me stepping on the dealer lot and some guy comes up to me and says "may i help you sir?" and ill say "I want a 99 - 04 mustang, I have 3 grand I want to put down on it, and I don't want your b.s." and hell be like "ummmm okk" lol GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION lol... i dono... btw, what the 0-60 on the v6 stang stock? cause people said it was slow.. cause with me, its between the Eclipse Gt or the V6 mustang lol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
do NOT get an eclipse thats a girls car idiot. lol.
plus the gt's r slow:D

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
dude eclipses suck, anything ive ever heard about an eclipse was that they fall apart...yes a stock v6 is slow but who cares? u gonna be out racing every night or is this a daily driver?...anyways easiest way would be to go to a dealer and tell them u have 3000 dollars u wanna put down on this mustang (assuming you will try to get a mustang around 6-8 grand) 3000 is a nice down payment so if the dealership is any good they'll help you get a mustang (as long as your parents co sign because you probably dont have any credit built up) but the only way ur gonna afford a car for more money than u got is gettin a loan, and if its set up right, monthly payments should be easy to make

oh and be careful, a lot of dealerships just want to sell you a car, so if they even mention anything like "well we can try a mustang but how about i show you the rest of the lot" or "does it have to be a mustang" blah blah, that means they arent interested in helping u get the car u want, they just wanna make money

·
Registered
811 Posts
hey man i feel your pain. i had to work all summer on roofs with my dad:( but trust me just keep working and when you get that mustang it'll be way worth it:) i also had about 3000 and i found one for 3800. i just kept telling my parents that i worked real hard all summer and that i really wanted this car but didn't have quit enough and they come through and paid the rest for me:) so just keep working and show them that you are willing towork for it but just are falling a little short. maybe they will pay some on it:)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you'll have to put the money down and probably have your parents co-sign the payment agreement, theres no way you have the credit to do so, you can get one fro about 5-6k but you'll be paying off the 2-3k your short, and take your dad with you they arent going to even give a 16 yo kid a second look at a dealership

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Eclipse

If you do want an eclipse get an older GS-T, GSX. Their fun:)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Cash talks. get as much as you can and make a cash offer. my car was listed for 8.2k i went to the bank got cash they sold it to me for 6.2 or 6.4 i cant remember. and they they in a free 6 disk cuz the one it came with was smoked.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Cash talks. get as much as you can and make a cash offer. my car was listed for 8.2k i went to the bank got cash they sold it to me for 6.2 or 6.4 i cant remember. and they they in a free 6 disk cuz the one it came with was smoked.
+1 they wanted 18.5k for my scion I walked in with a check for 15.5k(NADA Tradein value) and they said no I left 3 days later it was mine for 15.5k lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
lol thanks... i jus can imagine me stepping on the dealer lot and some guy comes up to me and says "may i help you sir?" and ill say "I want a 99 - 04 mustang, I have 3 grand I want to put down on it, and I don't want your b.s." and hell be like "ummmm okk" lol GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION lol... i dono... btw, what the 0-60 on the v6 stang stock? cause people said it was slow.. cause with me, its between the Eclipse Gt or the V6 mustang lol
thats the way you gotta do it ... thats how i bought mine ..i had 3 grand they wanted 10 for it we talked all the way down to 5500 and the car was mine ...local dealerships usually have the car waaaay overpriced so just look out for that

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I doubt you can get a 99+ for 3k even with uber negotiating skills. For that cheap its gonna be in either fair/poor condition or have a TON of miles on it. Cant you have your parents cosign for a small personal loan to get you more loot?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I would suggest paying for your car out right... making payments at a young age can be kinda hard say if schooling goes south and you can't work for 2-3 weeks... or something like that...

Keep your eyes open... you can find a 96-98 for about ... 3-4 grand... I would suggest a manual 97... thats the best year out of the round V6'rs

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
true....when i took my loan out at 18 it put a burden on me. But if yur willing to work more to make the payment...its not too bad.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i bought my 98 for 4k, salvage title, 74k miles in 2006

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I would suggest paying for your car out right... making payments at a young age can be kinda hard say if schooling goes south and you can't work for 2-3 weeks... or something like that...

Keep your eyes open... you can find a 96-98 for about ... 3-4 grand... I would suggest a manual 97... thats the best year out of the round V6'rs
what makes the 97's better than the 98's?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
youre best bet is to take out a loan for the car cuz 3k wont buy you a 99+ stang.

gonna sound like a douche, but damn, i feel rich cuz before i ever even had a job i had $5500 saved already and after 8 months of working i had 7k than i bought my car for 6k and ever since than ive worked 2 jobs for the past year and now have $7500 of work in my car :lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts