Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a choice between two car. Please give me your opinion and why. I need to get his today.

1996 Mustang GT 5spd Vert - 90K miles ($2000)
2001 Mustang GT 5spd Vert - 175K miles on body, motor was replace by ford at 55K miles, motor currently have 120K on it. ($2850)

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, i would have to say go with the 96, just because of the low mileage. Even though they replaced the engine at 55k, doesnt mean the car is gonna be fine. You still have a lot of miles on everything else, such as your other misc parts like your rear end, transmission, ball joints, etc etc etc. Just little stuff to worry about going out. But i do have a ? though, why the vert?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Well first off your in the 96-98 forum...so il go with the 96...

But also in the long run the 96 will last you longer. Also with such few miles its fairly new (you get my point). The 96 also was probobly beaten alot less.

For the 2001, if they replaced the motor at 55k... they either beat the car that badly or something went wrong... Also with 170k on the tranny it should of been replaced a while ago. You still have 120k on the new motor. Which on its own is almost getting ready for replacment.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ive seen new edge motors go at 22k from a bad rod.. not beating too

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Id go with the 96, the body style is way sexier in my opinion plus its got lower mileage on it. New Edge Mustangs, ehhhh....they kinda look...razorish? If you get what I mean here...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeee on teh 96

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Definitely the 96. That 01 has a LOT of miles on it. even with the new motor its a decent bit.

The tranny and the rest of the body will have 170k worth of miles on it. Thats body flex, suspension worn, axles, drive train everything is tired at that point. I recommend the 96 for the fact that essentially. the 96 is a "newer" car for less money.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
i like the sn95 body better so i say the 96. And like everyone is saying, just cause the motor has low miles, everything else doesnt. So you will have to worry about all the little things going wrong.

·
Registered
450 Posts
sn95 ftw! everybody and their mother has the new edge bodies... ( no offense to any of the owners out there)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.