Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my car is making all kinds of buzzing a crap like that. Its a 97 so its getting older. Anyone have any idea what it takes to go through and redo all the seals and everything to make the car stop buzzing and hold air better and all that? Should I just put down some sound deadening under the carpet, get new weather seals and then see if I can pad or redo the buttons? My dash and door panels are the problem. And is there any way to get new pannels? anyone know these things?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
my 94 v6 still doesnt buzz and make weird noises, but anything rattling is most likely something thats just gottten loose over time, find out where its coming from and just tighten it back up, or do whats nesecarry when you find the problem, and the seals in a motor are basically all cheap, but if you dont do it yourself the labor can be expensive

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car is also a 97, I have ALOT of dynamat all over my car, and I have to say it's one of the best decisions I have made, no squeeks or rattles anywhere. It's like I'm driving a brand new car

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
My mustang makes noise all the time, stuff always rattles. Its something you just deal with, or you get a loud sound system or exhaust so you don't hear it. OR both.
thats part of owning a 10 year old mustang. Only rattles I have are my drivers side door, and that cause someone previous broke a few of the clips on the back of it. I have a vert and other than that door panel no noise.

·
Registered
991 Posts
+1

my vert top squeaks and stuff so i just crank the tunes up and go fast and hear enigine/exhaust

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
if your top squeeks which mine doesnt. try adjusting your "J" hooks.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I been slowely tracking down the rattles and fixing them. The door handle guard thing rattled. So I bought some sealer stuff and basically made a gasket for them. I plan on doing the same for the headlight knob and possibly redoing some of the other door panels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts