Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a Carbon Fiber BW wing. I was wondering if anyone knew how it affected the stock drilled holes for the stock spoiler?

Does it cover them? if not, whats the best way to fill the holes without having to buy a new trunk.

I have enough paint to repaint the whole trunk I belive.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, I found out it does not cover the holes... what can I do without replacing the trunk?

Someone told me theres some black plugs that can be used? Anyone know about this?

I need some info asap on this so I can go through with the deal on the wing or wait.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this site, but they only sell in large ammounts.

Could I use something like this with a sealant on the inside of the trunk till I could bondo it? I could even paint the plug red... I have some D3 paint left over.

Plastic Plugs - Harman Corporation

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
dude, just go to your local hardware store and tell them you are looking for some sort of plastic plug to put in a piece of sheet metal. they have all sorts of stuff that will work. Probably tomorrow I am going to try to do this since I want to lose my factory spoiler. I just gotta solve a fried alternator issue today.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, Im thinking thats the best thing.

What can I do later on as a permanent solution? I dont want some black plugs forever.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my OEM wing off today. The problem now is that there is grime from the outline of the wing's legs that I cant get off. I have tried like 7 different cleaning agents.

Rubbing Alcohol seems to work, but is leaving streaks in the paint when rubbed. Does anyone know how far up the BW wing goes on the trunk? If it covers say, half of the grime, I would not mind the marks on the other half. It is only noticeable in sunlight anyways. Or does anyone know a good good cleaning agent for this stuff?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tryed it, no luck

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tried a multipurpose cleaner? I use the Ford Motorcraft Multi-purpose Cleaner all the time on paint finishes of new and used cars at work. Gets off bug, tar, overspray, etc. no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
try a polish. I pulled my wing offa few times, but havent gone after the marks completely yet. Im thinking a PC and some light polish should clean it up. just gotta be careful not to burn through the paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts