Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 4r70w went this weekend racing sweet2kstang and machboy on the highway. I have been manualy shifting the piss out of it for awhile so I figured it might go sometime. No biggy. Now the big question is on my mind. Do I go built 45, 3650 or 56. I have pretty much decided to go with a built manual swap so I don't have to worry about the tranny again. Just letting you guys in on whats going on so if any of you have done it, let me know all the parts you needed. Especialy any info on the wiring harness, good place to find one, do I need to swap out or recalibrate the ecu?. The car is down for now and is gonna roll out with. Built manual, LT's, K-member with coilovers, Prochamber,Gears, Aluminum DS, deep dish Mach's out back wrapped in 295 nittos and nittos up front, and we might put cams in while its down. Any way thats the scoop on it. Had fun racing with em and helping Machboy on his car while he was down. I guess now the project begins.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Well the 4r70w went this weekend racing sweet2kstang and machboy on the highway. I have been manualy shifting the piss out of it for awhile so I figured it might go sometime. No biggy. Now the big question is on my mind. Do I go built 45, 3650 or 56.
you mean youre 4r75w went this weekend :p lol

id go with the 3650 or the t56, whichever you prefer

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean youre 4r75w went this weekend :p lol

id go with the 3650 or the t56, whichever you prefer

Well thats news to me. I thought they switched in late 04. Learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ive heard the stock mach's have a 3650 so the swap would prob be easier that way. i do believe you have to re program the ECU as well but if your doin cams and what not that would be a good idea either way, on the other hand a 56 would be nice cause you could go with 4.10 4.30 and still ahve 6th gear. with 4.10s im runnin like 2400 rpms around 70 75 mph

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
final drive in the 56 isnt much lower than the 3650 or the 45. if he were to do it, i would try to talk him into the 2.97 first gear. i say 45 for the fact they are cheaper to have built. the 3650 and the 45 are close to a direct swap. we getting his car done then mine will roll in here after i make up my mind on all my damn parts. if enough money left over, the mach might get a few trick done on it too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
T56 with the Viper upgrade....:D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
looking at 2000 grand or more either way for whole assembly like i said lol...if your never going to run 10s then i guess do the swap but if you do want to stay consistent let me rebuild thats 4r70w

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking at 2000 grand or more either way for whole assembly like i said lol...if your never going to run 10s then i guess do the swap but if you do want to stay consistent let me rebuild thats 4r70w

Only bad thing about the auto's for me is the manual shifting. The 4r7's just dont take it. I am not going to be running 10's in my Mach, that is not a goal for this car. My power level is firmly set to 450 N/A and about 150 shot thats it. The 56 is pretty much out of the question. There is no point in a 56. The bulit 45 and 3650 sweet2k and I are looking at putting in it is rated at 700, so that will hold what I am going to put thru it. Plus banging gears in the 5 speed is easier than the 56. The money is not the issue, its getting what I need in it, and something thats going to hold the abuse. If you think your built one will stand up to the power and the shifting then I am interested.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
i hear ya man.. now if you can afford the gas with 4.10s and a 5 speed thats fine..and with a any 5 speed with 4.10s the rpms at 70 or 80 is not the same at all as a t56..t56 is the best for reason being a 6 speed..imagine on the interstate with 4.10s doing 80 sitting at 2400 or lower rpms..i had 3.73s in my 96 gt auto and at 80 i sat at 2750...but yeah man power handling difference there is none in the t45 and t56..its all what gas and you can afford..i personally say t56 in that mach1 though man..but i love spanking people in my auto to lol...manual is fun no lie but unless your doing drifting or twisty racing its pointless to me..but i will most likely get a 5sp when i get my 05gt but then switch it to 6 speed..just dont let anyone lead you the wrong way or rip you off man..tell me how much they are charging you for everything you buy in your swap/...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the overdrive ratio in the t-45 is taller than the 4r7 so interstate driving is no better with the auto if I have 4.10's. so I will actualy get better mileage with the 45 on the highway. My problem with getting a built auto is the fact of knowing what broke in mine. I don't wanna have someone "build" it and only have like a $50 piece be broke in it. It still has a forward and reverse but something is broke in there. I realy wanna know whats inside and know what needs to be beefed up and know that its gonna take the abuse but no one seems to wanna say that their automatics will hold up for me. I prefer the manual when cruising the twisty back roads and the auto just doesn't do it there so that pushes me towards the manual as well. I still wanna know about the computer, whether I have to swap it out or just get it reprogrammed or what.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
well sweet2kstang didnt tell you mine will hold up lol??i will build your just like me and my dad built mine..it will handle 600+ horses easy..it will have kolene steels,high friction clutches, we will mess with the valve body along with the shift kit in it..which will be your choice street..street/strip or strictly strip..and my dad will do the pump in it..plus you will have a 2800 to 3000 stall converter and gears..12/12,000 mile warranty and i """GAURANTEE""" mine will hold up to whatever you throw at it!!and it will be all way cheaper then the swap you want and consistent..

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
oh and think of it like this my dad has been building them for 28 years..he has alone 200 or more transmission in strict strip cars..longest ones we have had is his 2 best friends one a 68 plymouth satellite with a 426 wedge putting out 897 horses and other one a dodge dart with a 383 stroker putting out 767 horses..both cars running 8 and 9s...they have had his transmissions in both cars since 97 and over 700 passes and we just rebuilt the satellites awhile back..thats GUARANTEE right there...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about the downshifts, is that what kills em? I downshift for roll races and I just wanna be sure thats not what killed it. Do you need a core? He talked to me about it but I had some of the questions I wanted answered before I drop big coin on it just to grenade another one. Know what I mean? let me know some pricing specifics and shipping and all. It sounds good and I would be interested, especialy if you guys are gonna warranty it. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
well i thought we had an extra 4r70w but nope i looked everywhere...just send me yours the cheapest you can find like ups,fedex,maybe even usps..i told sweet2kstang you would only have to buy the converter cuz the shop that sold em here closed up plus they were kinda expensive..you could find a good boss hogg on the internet cheap unless yal have a shop that sells em..now as for pricing without stall convertor varies..i will just put em into 3 packages...oh and whatever color 500 degree paint you want and i clearcoat mine makes em look awesome..

1150.00 is everything..kolene hardened steels,high friction band and clutches,shift kit into valvebody and pump..all new seals rings bushings..

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
usually we would charge 1650.00 or more for the top package but for one your a mustang owner and 2 your mikes friend..i looked it up on here and everywhere i went this same setup cost 2000 or more and thats with a 3month warranty maybe and some no converters..oh and downshifting isnt that big of a problem unless your doing 80 or 90 and drop into 2nd..when i raced i waited and stomped it at the end of the 2nd honk while doing 40mph and pulled into 2nd from drive..it will kick hard cuz it revs up to 3000 rpms or more..feels awesome..

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
and the 899.00 has only highfriction clutches and slight shift kit and all new seals bushings rings..its only a little above stock

999.00 is all the above including the high friction band and a little firmer shifts
this will handle maybe 425 at the most..

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright. I am gonna do some thinking on all of this and see what I realy wanna do. I don't want anything less than the best thats for sure. On the bottle its gonna hit 600rwhp. The stall is not a proble. If I go that route we will come get it so I don't have to pay the shipping back. Shipping a tranny is f-in expensive. I will let you know what I decide and we can go from there. Thanks for info and great pricing.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
no problem man..i can drive a lil ways and meet yal unless yal want to drive all way here...just let me know...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts