Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHOOOO!!!

I finally got my mustang running! Finally!

That cam is really lumpy!!!!

I LOVE IT!

Bye Bye broken cam, Hello 5.WOAH! (her nickname was 5.slow)

I will post a video of it running later, I still have to tighten the distributer and check the timing!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
If it was seriously damaged and needed rebuilt or has internal damage, what's the difference if he rebuilds or replaces it now or later? Maybe there could be some parts salvageable from it now but does it really matter? It's a stock engine, readily available and not expensive. I say run it till it dies and then decide.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
You should have at least upgraded the springs while you had it appart.. stock springs are marginal at best and with all the mileage and wear and tear they've been through im sure ****'s not going to be pretty when you rip into that throttle allot.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
You should have at least upgraded the springs while you had it appart.. stock springs are marginal at best and with all the mileage and wear and tear they've been through im sure ****'s not going to be pretty when you rip into that throttle allot.
+1

a little valve float at the wrong time and your piston's will beat the **** out of the valves.

With my STOCK cam, and valve springs I had valve float which lead to a nasty nitrous back fire.

I know you have nitrous plans in the future, so im just mentioning that. I couldn't even tell there was a issue with the valve train till i tore it down.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
meh... so what if you blow it up. It's a stock 5.0. go get another one for $200.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
+1 Ryan .....and its not a matter of IF its going to blow its WHEN. I am betting when he makes the video of him ripping on it or doing a burnout to impress us it comes apart. Put a stock cam back in next time and it will probably run a lot better.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1 Ryan .....and its not a matter of IF its going to blow its WHEN. I am betting when he makes the video of him ripping on it or doing a burnout to impress us it comes apart. Put a stock cam back in next time and it will probably run a lot better.
It was the stock cam that broke!!!

My car is not going to break, there is such thing as Luck and when my cam broke, i got lucky cause it didn't break anything else.

The car runs fine and here is the crappy cell phone video. (I know its idling a little high, a quick twist of a screw and that will be fixed)

Mustang50.flv video by basscatcher98 - Photobucket

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
On a mild build. Say xplorer topend, I wonder what the hp difference would be between say a stock, fms, trick flow, and custom cam. Assuming everything is good and in order, valve springs exct...

Take some guesses. 5, 10, 100hp?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.