Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone that has a vortech supercharger could show me some pictures on how you have your bypass valve installed and where you tapped into the vacuum line, my supercharger doesnt seem to be making much boost if any at all, and im wondering if my valve is on wrong or maybe failing, ive ordered a new boost gauge also, and need to check for leaks, but is there any way to check to see if the bypass valve is working correctly?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
since you are using the term "bypass" valve I'm assuming that you have a draw-through MAF that in located in the cold air intake. Is that right?

I literally looked at dozens of installed Vortech pictures and couldn't see it. Here is a picture of Vortech parts. The silver pipe on the left has a bung (or nipple) welded on. A hose connects to that that runs to the inlet side of the bypass valve. Another hose connects to the outlet side of the bypass valve that runs to the cold air intake.

You can almost see it in this picture.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
One thing you can try just to see if you make some boost is to to take off the bypass valve and cap the hole on the boost pipe leading to the throttle body. If you make boost after that then you found the culprit.

As for how you hook it up it just needs to be hooked up inline between your power pipe and boost pipe. You can tap into any vac line on the plenum you like to supply the bpv. Hope this helps.

Reactions: GBPackerFan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, Im think i found the that the problem is in my boost gauge, and it seems to be sticking and is not reading accurate, i have a new one ordered, i believe that to be the problem, thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts