Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1999 ProCharged Saleen as a daily driver to keep me occupied well im finishing up my build on the 99 and i HATE the stock procharger bypass sound. I will be fabbing up a powerpipe of sorts and want a more aggresive sounding bypass but keep running into dead ends after over a week of searching. I have the stock Procharger setup; MAF in fender after FMIC, bypass between the pipe immediately exiting the P1 and the stock procharger inlet tube (leading to the blower inlet) and id like to keep it this way, i got an unreal deal on the car and dont want to put much $ into it so im going to stick with draw through. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I cant deal with the annoying flutter sound of the stock bypass anymore.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
+1 You have a blow-through system. If you have the standard ProCharger setup then your BOV is recirculating but it doesn't have to. The Proflo BOV sits on top of a ribbed hose. It has a 90* elbow coming off the top going to the cold air intake. All you have to do to make it vent to atmosphere is turn the elbow around and plug the nipple.

Ribbed Hose:

Hose turned toward firewall instead of connected to CAI:

How it sounds. My car is at 3.54:

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know! I kind of assumed it was ok to vent to atmosphere since the MAF is after the FMIC but i wasnt positive. Thanks a ton for the info gentlemen, reps will be given! And itll be much easier for me to get rid of that annoying flutter than i expected.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
If you can't stand the recirculated valve, which I'm not sure why you would even hear the valve other than WOT shifts, then you definitely won't stand a vented valve. I ran a recirculated Vortech mini race. Never heard it unless I shifted at WOT.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't so much mind the noise as much as the sound, if that makes sense? The ProCharger bypass I currently have flutters a good amount during rpms over 3500 and flutters a bit on deceleration too. If it made a vented sound I wouldn't mind, its just the flutter that drives me nuts. I have a big red for my 99 build but I got my hands on a tial q for a good price on eBay today so I will have the tuner weld it in for me when Im ready to hit the rollers for a custom tune after my powerpipe and MAFia installs. Thank you guys for all the info and input, I really appreciate the help! Been around these cars for over 10 years now and still learn something new everyday.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Flutter indicates a problem. Flutter is pressure pushed back into the supercharger because it has no place else to go. If you are getting flutter then you BOV is not working properly. It is not opening when it is suppose to .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts