Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i suspect i have a small leak in my heater core and really dont feel up to replacing it at the moment. how do i bypass this thing so i dont have to worry about it for a bit?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Take the hose that goes from the waterpump tube to the firewall, remove it from the firewall and attach it to the intake manifold. IF you can move it around on the waterpump pipe it will bend right down to the intake manifold, almost like it was made for it. If you can't figure that out let me know and I'll take a photo of mine for you.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Here's a few pics, hope it helps.

The black rubber hose at the back of the engine, it comes from the water pipe under the intake manifold.

Here's a close up of the rubber hose.

Disconnect the rubber hose from the firewall that goes to the water pipe at the underneath side of the intake manifold. Disconnect the rubber hose from outlet on the top back side of the intake manifold. Now connect the water hose from the water pipe to the intake manifold.

I used a pair of long handled water hose clamp pliers and loosened the clamp so I could move the rubber hose so it lined up with the intake manifold tube.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Look at the backside of your engine just under the intake manifold. You will see a rubber hose is connected to a metal tube, that comes from your water pump. Remove the opposite end of that hose from the firewall.

Remove the end of the rubber hose from the passenger rear side of your intake manifold.

Now connect the rubber hose coming from your water pump to your intake manifold.

Then remove the unused rubber hose from the firewall.

You can see in the pics I used some rubber caps to cover the ends of the heater core tubes coming out of the firewall.

It will really help if you have a pair of lang handle clamp pliers to reach in there and remove the clamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts