Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a very out of date bypass. I have downsized pulleys before and never saw an improvement in boost. Kinda odd. After this build i want to have a nice bypass/bov to put on so that i dont have to worry bout it leaking or anything. I want it routed back into my inlet. I have been looking at the big red bov but is there one that i can trust to 20 pounds of boost (just a number) without worrying about it opening or bleeding off?

What makes the big red closed bypass so special? I dont want it venting in the atmosphere. Did that with mine for a while and it just gets OLD!!! Is there another i could trust to not let me down?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Always wondered how you were on a 3.20 with 9-10lbs and id make like 16lbs on that lol, headers aint no 6 lbs lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know man.. i just recently got to thinking about it since im going to be running that 2.8 RR pulley.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
haha funny, i just talked to procharger today. he said theres no way you can have a 2.8" 8 rib pulley without it slipping (i have a 2.8 RR 8 rib). i think it will work but whatever.. and i also talked to him in length about bypass valves. he said a big red valve will stand a crazy amount of boost, like 25+ psi without worrying about it. i'm using two stock procharger bypasses right now with no problems so far, and he said the only thing i would have to worry about is compressor surge. he said it will sound like a turkey under the hood when i let off the gas if its surging. i'm gonna go with an enclosed big red valve and run a hose along my frame rail out the back with a filter on the far end. he said it won't be too restrictive, and he even knows a guy who put a lawn mower muffler on the end of his valve to quiet it down. so when its all said and done i'm gonna run a big red enclosed valve and about 20 psi.

oh btw, i got my car back together last night with the D1SC. the 2.8 is WAY too much pulley for now, it went to almost 20 psi at 5k rpm's, so i ordered a 3.4" from procharger.. $101 shipped so not too bad. i did a short 3rd gear run last night and it pulled harder than i've ever felt a car accelerate at 4k rpm's, but i didn't go too much past that cause it was running around 12.2:1 AF which is too lean

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn bob!!! nice bro! are you even tuned for that? or you just took off boosting without a tune for near 20 pounds?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
He has a email tune from joe in his other thread he stated.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
its not really tuned.. believe me i was watching the wideband and fuel pressure more than the road.. and my timing is pulled back so far it won't detonate.. plus from 2500-4500 rpm's in 3rd is about 3 seconds so its not like i was on it THAT long. lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is the proflo and its alot cheaper!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I have the proflow and it sounds really good and I'm only on 7lbs right now

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
get the vortech mondo... you can find them for a good price used and they sound just like the big red

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
find me one slow. or post a link to one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts