Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I counted the teeth on my flexplate and it is 164 teeth not 157.Is there a way to tell if it is 50 oz or 28 oz.I cant find any #'s on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would an AOD flexplate work?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the flexplates off the 5.0 cars should all be 50 oz so im gona say it wont work....351s have 28 oz though

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need a 50 oz. flexplate.It is a 93 5.0 motor.The c-4 came off of a 1980 5.0.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I need a 50 oz. flexplate.It is a 93 5.0 motor.The c-4 came off of a 1980 5.0.
So? Buy a 50 oz flexplate with 157 teeth and get a bellhousing for a C-4 in a foxbody...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So? Buy a 50 oz flexplate with 157 teeth and get a bellhousing for a C-4 in a foxbody...
So this bellhousing won't fit in my 90 LX?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So this bellhousing won't fit in my 90 LX?
I'm not sure, you can try, but I think the 164 tooth flywheel bellhousing is too big. remember to check for exhaust and starter clearance.

If you can get it to fit, a flexplate from a 86-93 AOD car should work as they are 164 teeth and 50 OZ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure, you can try, but I think the 164 tooth flywheel bellhousing is too big. remember to check for exhaust and starter clearance.

If you can get it to fit, a flexplate from a 86-93 AOD car should work as they are 164 teeth and 50 OZ
Thats what I wanted to know.I just wasn't sure if the AOD and C-4 torque converter bolt pattern was the same.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thats what I wanted to know.I just wasn't sure if the AOD and C-4 torque converter bolt pattern was the same.
Yeah, but I think there might some issues with how deep the flexplate comes off the crank. Sometimes the C-4 converter isn't fully supported by the pilot of the crank and the starter is too far away. Make sure you compare the new flexplate depth to the original. Also, mock up the bellhousing with the exhuast and starter to make sure it will all fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, but I think there might some issues with how deep the flexplate comes off the crank. Sometimes the C-4 converter isn't fully supported by the pilot of the crank and the starter is too far away. Make sure you compare the new flexplate depth to the original. Also, mock up the bellhousing with the exhuast and starter to make sure it will all fit.
So I am probably better off looking for a 164t 50 oz C-4 Flexplate.Either that or I'll take all of it to the dump and search for an AOD!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts