Modded Mustang Forums banner

c/c plates? or an alignment?

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Uncle Humjaba 
#1 · (Edited)
So my tires are cambered in a bit. I have eibach pro kit springs. Would an alignment fix this, or do i need c/c plates and then an alignment?

See less See more
#2 ·
If you did the 1.5 inch like me, some say you dont NEED the c/c plates, some say you do. I bought them because if I do a mod, I do it right and efficiently. The c/c plates should help the computer at the shop with the alignment.

Regardless, an alignment is a must when lowering your car.

#3 ·
You definitely need an alignment but they will not be able to get it back into spec without modification of the lower strut mount (just need to oblong the hole). That is what they preferred over caster/camber plates at the alignment shop I went to. They did that and the alignment for $120 and got it spot on with plenty of room for future alignments.

So...it can be done without caster/camber plates but it takes modification of the strut. I believe if they fix the camber you have going on there it is going to max out your stocks ability to align (if they don't modify it) and still not quite be on point.

#7 ·
You definitely need an alignment but they will not be able to get it back into spec without modification of the lower strut mount (just need to oblong the hole). That is what they preferred over caster/camber plates at the alignment shop I went to. They did that and the alignment for $120 and got it spot on with plenty of room for future alignments.

So...it can be done without caster/camber plates but it takes modification of the strut. I believe if they fix the camber you have going on there it is going to max out your stocks ability to align (if they don't modify it) and still not quite be on point.

:yes good info

#5 ·
get the plates then do the allignment. ive you ever wanna go lower or go with bigger rims,the plates will definatly help you.

alingments take long when you have suspension mods:(

3 hours last time i had her dialed in. but it was so tight and responsive when i got her back.:D

#13 ·
I bought them yesterday. Stangsuspension.com has their own brand on sale right now for $144 and free shipping. Couldn't pass that up :p Ordered in the morning, shipped out in the afternoon. Josh is a great guy too (helped me pick my shock/strut package as well).

#14 ·
Good to hear! Yeah I think he helped me out as well. I couldn't believe the phone call. Apparently I had to order a different year shocks/struts pachage because I planned on lowering my car. :D

#19 ·
I'm not swapping out my tokico's or my springs. I didn't put on c/c plates like i should have when I first installed them. Put maybe 300 miles on the car since installing everything, they work great. So much better than stock :D

I talked with a couple of the guys at Brenspeed (ordered my shocks/struts from them because they were cheaper) and they said they'd never heard of using fox struts on an sn95. I really don't see why you'd want to... it's not like you gain anything from them, and I didn't want to take the risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.