Modded Mustang Forums banner

C/C plates

486 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  6ER THEN I 8ER! 
#1 ·
I took all of the isos out from my GT the other day, now there's some vibration in the steering wheel at 40-50 and the bottom of the front wheels are sticking out a little. I do have MM C/C plates but I don't know how to adjust them.
Any info on how to would be great, and please don't just say take it to a shop and have them do it. That's my last resort though.

#2 ·
If the top of the wheels are inward and the bottom of the wheels are outward at an angle jack the car up (with no weight on the front wheels) loosen the C/C plates and pull the top of the strut shaft outwards toward the fenders and re-tighten the C/C plate bolts, lower the car and check the angle with a board or something with a flat edge by putting the flat edge against the wheels vertically, perpendicular to the ground and look to see if the board is straight up and down. Adjust the C/C plates till you get it close, but your going to need an alignment to get it 100% right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.