Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from Lee at C&l telling me the 3 Valve Manifolds were ready to ship. Was a interesting conversation.

I ask him about germanshepard not gaining power with it. He said the manifold is different now. That was a long runner manifold and should have never been sold. The actual producation manifold runners are over 2 inch's shorter.

He also told me some other things.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
i dont want to **** on your thread, but seriously? lol

that is aimed at them, not you

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea seriously. It makes power I have seen that with my own eyes. :)

Watch what you say or you might be eating crow my freind.

Lot of bad information out on this intake on the internet. This whole debacle is a good example of how the internet can **** up good things.

Like I said anyone interested seriously can contact me. Im not even laying it out online.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I believe that it makes power, but what matters is how much. I am more interested in seeing track results though, which sadly have yet to be posted. Something like 2-3 or more tenths would be nice to see on a highly modified n/a setup.

I saw that whole ordeal about the C&L manifold. The old one had a vacuum leak by design and it had the longer runners(like you previously mentioned), but C&L said that it would be fixed in the final production version.

Posted on C&L's website, there's a comparison between the longer and shorter runner design. The shorter runner design picked up 8 more rwhp and 9 more rwtq. This is on a stage 3 spr cam/stage 3 livernois head/323 CI big bore stroker car.

http://cnlperformance.com/images/lg Livernois_Compare_Long_Vs_Short.jpg

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I believe that it makes power, but what matters is how much. I am more interested in seeing track results though, which sadly have yet to be posted. Something like 2-3 or more tenths would be nice to see on a highly modified n/a setup.

I saw that whole ordeal about the C&L manifold. The old one had a vacuum leak by design and it had the longer runners(like you previously mentioned), but C&L said that it would be fixed in the final production version.

Posted on C&L's website, there's a comparison between the longer and shorter runner design. The shorter runner design picked up 8 more rwhp and 9 more rwtq. This is on a stage 3 spr cam/stage 3 livernois head/323 CI big bore stroker car.

http://cnlperformance.com/images/lg Livernois_Compare_Long_Vs_Short.jpg
Andy at Livernois told me that the car with the 323 CI big bore stroker that has this manifold on it made 420 to the wheels. He's their top engine builder and he said this to me yesterday. What's a 323 CI about 5.3 liters or so?

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Andy at Livernois told me that the car with the 323 CI big bore stroker that has this manifold on it made 420 to the wheels. He's their top engine builder and he said this to me yesterday. What's a 323 CI about 5.3 liters or so?

Yep, just about. They dynoed their car at 403rwhp w/o the C&L manifold. I wish it would have gained more than 12rwhp on that car.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
He (Andy) told me it dynoed at 403 with the manifold, but with the first break in, safe run on the dyno. Then, weeks later they tuned it up to it's max. he said this is the most power they have ever made out of a 3-valve in N/A form.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
and when are u gonna get a learner's permit? i think u belong behind the wheel of a car not behind a keyboard

I turn 15 next Tuesday lmao, so I might get one around that time. If I am able to get the job that possibly could come up, I think I'm going to save for a fox 5.0. Either that or save for mods(mostly to improve handing) if my parents insist on buying me it.

Anyway, back to topic. Anthony, I swear Rick said that the 403rwhp was before the manifold, but if I'm wrong, that's news to me.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
I turn 15 next Tuesday lmao, so I might get one around that time. If I am able to get the job that possibly could come up, I think I'm going to save for a fox 5.0. Either that or save for mods(mostly to improve handing) if my parents insist on buying me it.

Anyway, back to topic. Anthony, I swear Rick said that the 403rwhp was before the manifold, but if I'm wrong, that's news to me.
whoa now, you're not getting out of this that easy. i think an birthday e-party is in order here.

and don't let your parents buy you a car. not saying you're the average teenager that has everything handed to him/her, but you just wouldn't appreciate it as much if your parents bought it. if they insist, just have them buy it but make u make no interest payments on it or something. that's what my mom did when she bought me a truck to work with. i paid it in full and the no interest really helped.

anyway, back on topic. unless you're putting down good power, what would make the <15rwhp worth the 700-800 dollars?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
anyway, back on topic. unless you're putting down good power, what would make the <15rwhp worth the 700-800 dollars?
If you've done everything else there is, 700-800 dollars is one of the cheaper things you've done recently.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

You're right. It was with the stock manifold and the start up tune. It made 420 max with the C&L manifold tuned to the max. These long runner aftermarket intakes work best with F/I.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
whoa now, you're not getting out of this that easy. i think an birthday e-party is in order here.

and don't let your parents buy you a car. not saying you're the average teenager that has everything handed to him/her, but you just wouldn't appreciate it as much if your parents bought it. if they insist, just have them buy it but make u make no interest payments on it or something. that's what my mom did when she bought me a truck to work with. i paid it in full and the no interest really helped.

I'm not trying to get out of anything, I just didn't want to hijack the thread. I have some money saved up, but not enough to be able to sustain payments on a several thousand dollar car without going very low on funds. If I get that job, I'll go from there. ;)

Btw, an e-birthday party would be pretty cool.
You're right. It was with the stock manifold and the start up tune. It made 420 max with the C&L manifold tuned to the max. These long runner aftermarket intakes work best with F/I.
A 17rwhp gain including tune is pretty good, especially since it is very in line with JPC's claims of 20rwhp on a head/cam n/a car from their's. Thanks for the info.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
If you've done everything else there is, 700-800 dollars is one of the cheaper things you've done recently.
good point. still though, that's alot for minimal gains and there are much better intakes (not many though lol) out there that put out much more power. and to further your point, those better intakes typically reflect their superiority in their price.

i still don't see a problem with the stock intake. plenty of people are making great power with it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The stock intake suffers when you need more revs to reach peak power with ported heads and built engines. When you run stock heads and bottom end an aftermarket intake will make the least power gains.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts