Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I ran into a little problem w/ the C4's I have. I'm trying to make parts from two C4's work. One is a 72 c4 and another is a 68. One is a 24 spline one is a 26 spline input shaft. One takes a 157 tooth flywheel and the other takes a 164 tooth.

Now my question is is there anyway to make the parts work together? Like can I take the internals out and swap them around in a way to make my 164 tooth converter/flywheel to work? This is beginning to be a pain, but other than finding someone to swap all my c4 stuff for an AOD setup, I just have no idea what to do. I need to get this mustang on the road and out of my parents driveway.

·
Registered
338 Posts
depends on what bell housing you use to figure the right Tq converter then what shaft fits that converter to witch trans.The internals are better and stronger in the 72 use the right shaft and TC for that trans and get the right bell and flex plate to fit your motor.the older 68 is going to be a weaker trans just make the 72 work if you have to buy parts.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the right bellhousing for both and it runs fine. I just don't have a torque converter or flexplate for the 72.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts