Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have right now a BBK Cold air intake i have a 2006 v6, would it be more beneficial to sell the one i have and get a combo kit, or what tune would you recommend with the BBK intake, i cannot get 93 octane fuel around me i can only get 91... and thats what i always use anyways.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the same car and intake. IMO its not worth losing money to maybe get a couple extra horses out of a different intake. But you should still get the tuner. I have the SCT X3/SF3 from american muscle with bama custome tune. it is well worth the money.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh and I use the 91 performance tune with my BBK intake.

·
Registered
597 Posts
i have right now a BBK Cold air intake i have a 2006 v6, would it be more beneficial to sell the one i have and get a combo kit, or what tune would you recommend with the BBK intake, i cannot get 93 octane fuel around me i can only get 91... and thats what i always use anyways.
Might as well keep the CAI that you already have, Get the SCT Custom tunes from AM, when you fill out the custom tune form (after purchase) let them know you have the BBK CAI, and the octane preferences that suit you the best. They will make a custom tune for you to get the most out of the CAI and other mods you have.

I recommend you get an 87 octane tune for worse case scenario that you cant get the 91. I have 87 street, 89 performance, and 93 race tunes. But In my area those are the most common octane levels.

You will definitely be surprised with the new performance you get from the tuner.:yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts