Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Steeda CAI, I was wondering does it matter if I were to use the K&N Recharge kit compared to the Steeda brand? I haven't dug too much into this yet but figured other would know faster than I could find out.

The only reason I'm asking is because I haven't found Steeda stuff in a store yet and shipping from their website cost as much the product (f-ing ridiculous).

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used the K&N recharge on my C&L intake . . . and it seemed to work just fine. You wash the filter out . . . make sure it's completely dry (No Water). Then you just apply the oil back to the filter. The oil actually gives it the red color . . . and keeps water from getting in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldnt that change the color of mine? It's a blue/greyish color...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I imagine it would. The K&N recharge oil has a red dye . . . it didn't matter to me because my C&L filter was also red.

Steeda's is blue? Huh . . . I never really noticed

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Problem is that the K&N filter cleaner will NOT remove all of the dye. So you'll have a filter looking kind of grey, purple, blue, and red. I decided to try to bleach the filter and than clean it THOROUGHLY with a mild soap and preferably warm water. After it dried than I applied the K&N filter oil.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to get the steeda recharge kit to keep the steeda blue but the only place I found it online is their website and it says it's $11 for shipping on a $12 product.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
If that's the case than I'd just spend the cash to get the right color. Steeda is kind of ridiculous about their shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts